Not Engaged Yet

StitchFix Discussion, Pics, and Item Details

Re: StitchFix Discussion, Pics, and Item Details

• @AlPacina - From what I've heard, you should say the things that you want and avoid saying the things that you don't want. Apparently the majority of the process is computerized. 

• @AlPacina - DED. I actually went back and edited my note after I read about that since I could since it still isn't being styled YET. 

My new note says: 

I'm going to South Africa on the 26th so I'd like some cooler-weather pieces because it's going to be in the upper 50s-low 60s and since Fall is coming here. I love cardigans. I prefer more neutral colors and/or subtle prints. I prefer v-neck or scoop-neck tops. I absolutely adore the Everly Sherm Dress in green!

• @swazzle I saw the Everly sherm dress in green last night on the FB b/s/t page and OMG it looked SO GOOD on the girl that posted it! I couldn't find it when I googled it though.

• @lavenderfields13 - That's where I saw it too! I immediately added it to my note. I was totally sideeying her "I don't know about this dress, what do you think?" Um. You know that dress looks perfect on you. 

• Haha @swazzle I was thinking she was just doing it for attention too because seriously it looked awesome. 

• It arrived, I'm not too thrilled. I'm on mobile so apologizing now if this is all jumbled. Also apologizing for the mess, no dressers yet.

First, I chose cheapest options possible and not one item is under $50.

I really liked the colors, jewel tones and polka dots are definitely me. The 41Hawthorn turquoise top just fit too awkward.

The pixley polka dot skirt I loved at first, until I put it on. It has no give and I barely got it over my thighs. Then my whole butt was sticking out.

The crop pants are leggings, and as you can see by my legs, really baggy.

I like the 41hawthorn purple tunic, so on the fence with whether I'm going to keep that or not.

The dress I love. Definitely going to keep it.

Oh, don't mind Callie, she wanted to be as close to me as possible.
  • Oh I should add, they used my Pinterest for style inspiration. @Swazzle maybe link them to yours with lots of fall ideas so they get what you're looking for.
  • @speakeasy14 - That dress is SUCH a keeper!

• Well that stinks that you're a bit disappointed :(  Yeah the pants don't look cropped at all and the two tops look very similar from the pics. I chose the cheaper the better option as well and my first Fix all had items that were in the $50 range and $98 jeans, oh and $38 top- that's the only thing I kept! I specified in my comments on the items that they were too pricey for me and my next stylist sent me less expensive items.

• Yeah the leggings were $93. Who spends that much on leggings?! Good to know they listen when you said the items were too expensive.
  • How do y'all find out items you're getting before it arrives?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Denise40 said:
    How do y'all find out items you're getting before it arrives?
    I second this question!

I got my first fix last week-ish and didn't know about this thread then. I kept three items, 1 pair work pants, 1 top and a necklace. I sent back a cardigan and sleeveless top. I'll post my next one when it comes if this thread is still going :)
  • edited August 2015
    Once your order ships you can go to your account and "check out" even if you haven't received your shipment yet. It just lists the names of the items and prices. I copy and paste them and google to see if anything comes up - usually some stuff is on people's blogs. But you never know what color you're getting and it's more exciting to see the stuff in person and see how it looks on. 

• Once your order ships you can go to your account and "check out" even if you haven't received your shipment yet. It just lists the names of the items and prices. I copy and paste them and google to see if anything comes up - usually some stuff is on people's blogs. But you never know what color you're getting and it's more exciting to see the stuff in person and see how it looks on. 
    Does this hint to them that you have received your shipment? I had a major issue with my first shipment, it got delivered to the wrong address and they ended up having to send me a completely new shipment. I was nervous that if I had clicked on what I had received to look at it it would make them think I had recieved it :/
  • @speakeasy14 - I've had my Pinterest linked since the day I signed up. I love both tops on you and the dress is perfect! Are the pants Margaret M Emers? 

@justsie - Nope, even if you click "checkout" to peek at your items, the next time you log in, the screen is the same (the checkout button is still there). I do it every month because I like to torture myself. 

• @speakeasy14 That dress is perfection on you!!!! Also, I just don't get how the leggings are so baggy?? What a disappointment there!

• @swazzle, yeah the Margarat M pants. 

• @speakeasy14 - I thought so. They are a hot commodity in the FB B/S/T groups. Everyone absolutely loves them. I've never gotten a pair but I don't know if I'd spend that much on a pair of pants unless they magically make me look 20lbs thinner. 

• My first fix is coming Wednesday in theory! I'm getting the Benson 3/4 Ruched Sleeve Blazer (which I might keep if it fits well - looks like a good layering piece), the Montgomery Cross Front Knit Top (which I might keep if it's not too low cut - I'm very conservative at work), the Anita Skinny Pant (which I probably won't keep), the Colibri Solid Tab Sleeve Blouse (on the fence based on pics alone), and the Jace Chevron Print Dress (which I'm super-excited about).
  • @KeptInStitches - It sounds like you have an awesome Fix coming your way! @GoldenPenguin got that dress this weekend. 

• @KeptInStitches I hope you love everything!!! And with the knit top, you can always layer a cami underneath if you feel like it goes too deep!

• @swazzle I have a pair of dress pants that have a similar pattern from Banana Republic.  And they didn't even cost as much.

@labro I mean I am short, but usually regular clothes fit me.  

@keptinstitches Hope yours fit better than mine! 
  • @GoldenPenguin I LOVE that maxi dress on you! And I do love that striped top, I'd try it on with a white or navy cami underneath just to see how you like the feel of it. It seems like a really great top!

I also adore the back of the second top but I agree that from the front it looks too boxy, it needs to define your waist a little more somehow.

• @GoldenPenguin - The maxi looks incredible on you! I'm really regretting sending mine back :(

• @goldenpenguin Love love love that maxi on you!! Is the stripe top cotton? I only ask because if you're iffy already and it has a possibility of shrinking, I would pass.  Also love the back of that top, just not the boxiness or the pattern.
  • @AlPacina - That dress looks seriously AMAZING on you! I'm jealous you can pull off the dolman, I feel like a large meatball bat when I've tried them in the past. 

If you ever get something that you really love but it's too big/small, you can email CS and if they have it in the size you need, they'll let you exchange it. I wish I knew this from the start because there are things I've sent back with a tear in my eye because they didn't fit. 

• @AlPacina LOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEE that dress on you! You look incredible in it and the dolman top for sure! Both are definite keeps! I love that one shirt with the funky sleeves but if the rest isn't a good fit then I don't blame you for returning it. It looks good to me based on the photo!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards