Honeymoon Discussions

August honeymoon

Hey there. We are looking to plan our honeymoon for beginning of August. We want to go somewhere tropical and all inclusive (budget max of about 5000). We want to do some excursions like snorkeling or zip-lining but mostly lazing on the beach. Any recommendations on where to go and stay? Of course we need trip insurance because of hurricane season. What is the likelyhood of a hurricane during that time anyways? Thanks in advance!

Re: August honeymoon

• I went to Riviera Maya during the beginning of August and it rained part of our trip.  We still enjoyed ourselves and the rain mainly happened over night and in the late afternoon from what I remember.  We still had a lot of sunny days.  There's no way of telling if there will be a hurricane or not.  But trip insurance is a good idea.  We did some snorkeling on Conzumel and saw a lot of cool fish, and we also previously did a snorkeling excursion in cenotes.  I really enjoyed that excurision.  It included hiking, a ride in a big off road vehicle, and we walked through a mayan village and had a homemade lunch.  

If you are planning on going in late August, you might run into more weather related problems, and trip insurance won't cover rainy days.  A friend of mine is leaving for St. Lucia tomorrow, so I'm curious to see what the weather is like.  

• I just got back from Punta Mita, Mexico. It's on the Pacific side of Mexico, just north of Puerto Vallarta. Punta Mita does not have any AIs, but Puerto Vallarta does (Secrets comes to mind!) The beach in Punta Mita was soft, the water was a little rocky in some areas, but there were trips to zipline, snorkel and do ATV tours. We were there for 5 nights and it mostly rained at night. It rained one morning, but by the end of breakfast, we were out by the pool. It was extremely humid, but any where in the Caribbean will be like that in August. The Riviera Maya may be closer of a flight for you and would also fit the bill. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards