New Jersey
Options

Alterations suggestions in Northern NJ/Union County?

I bought my Melissa Sweet dress from David's Bridal in Totowa and am picking it up this week. My wedding is not until March so I'm thinking I still have some time to research and find a seamstress for alterations.  I'll definitely need work on the hem and the bustle and possibly the bodice.

Does anyone have any reviews on the alterations department at the DB in Totowa, or have other suggestions? I live in Westfield so would love to stay local in the Union County area. I had one not-so-great experience at Continental Tailor in Westfield with a bridesmaid dress last year so I don't plan on returning there.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have!

Re: Alterations suggestions in Northern NJ/Union County?

• Options
    Hollywood Bridal in Kenliworth.  Just be sure to ask that they will alter dresses not purchased at their store.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hallak Cleaners!!!!! I swear by their seamstress. She did 2 bridesmaid dresses for me, and I've sent friends to her who all loved her.

She is already on standby for my gown alterations in the spring. 
  • Options
    I second Hollywood Bridal and they will alter dresses not purchased there. They are doing my Pronovius gown that I purchased elsewhere and they have been amazing! I just had my first fitting and they spent an hour with me. The price was amazingly reasonable and they are all so nice there!
  • Options
    Hollywood Bridal is amazing... I also recommend Bridal Elegance in West Orange...  they've done all my alterations on my (many, many) bridesmaids dresses, and I've loved them every time.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards