Not Engaged Yet

Tired Thursday

2»

Re: Tired Thursday

• @AlPacina - If only they were there hairs on my head......

@jenna8984 - SO exciting! You're going to have a blast!

• @speakeasy14 I think angel is another designer, but yeah some of the fragrances are just so strong. I really do love the sephora samplers though.

@jenna8984 That's awesome! I can't wait to plan another vacation. Which cruiseline did you go with?
  • @AlPacina I definitely agree with @eilis1228 about doing something small. @ollie08 had a beautiful wedding ceremony with (I think?) immediate family only and they had a delicious meal afterwards with SIX different cakes from Publix!!!! You can include close family and still spend a reasonable amount of money.

@jenna8984 Woohoo cruise!!!!!

• @eilis1228 & @labro - I completely agree, believe me! I'm definitely letting myself consider the elopement because I can tell it's what he'd prefer to do. But I really don't know if I'll ever give in. Immediate family only sounds perfect. Eloping sounds intimate and romantic, but just not what I want. I have a feeling I'd end up crying on my wedding day, but in the bad way.

@jenna8984 - I'm so excited you get to go on a cruise! I hope you have an absolute blast. :)

• @jenna8984 which cruiseline? I've been on a ton (through Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Norwegian, Celebrity, and Princess) so if you need any advice, let me know! 

@alpacinaimage Yup, had to reread that 5 times! That is so exciting! I agree with the others, if you want family there, let him know that you only want immediate family.  You can still make it intimate and romantic if its just your parents and siblings. 
  • @minksat30 birthdays are the best! I know the feeling about seeing little ones all grown up. My first set of 5th graders graduated high school this year and I'm like no. stop. keep being little!

@swazzle South Africa is almost hereeeeee! Also, I tried to style my hair like that, with the waves, for months when I had the bob. I did it successfully ONCE. I felt like I deserved a medal. Haha.

@cocobellaf - Do both! Or Snickerdoodles because cookies are the best thing ever.

@caseface5 Hopefully it's a good school year! It sounds like your busiest times are at the very beginning. 

@twodimes Those rockers! Definitely worth the drive. It's also fairly simple to recover the cushions in a fabric that is a lot more appealing. I agree with you, that pattern is a little...not my style. 

@cu97tiger VACATION!! And yay for H cleaning the house. He's a keeper.

@speakeasy14 you're finally in your new house!! ZOMG! I feel you on looking at all the stuff you have left to move. H and I stayed with my mom for a month before we moved to Dallas. Even though all of our non-storage unit stuff was in one (tiny) bedroom, it still felt like WTF why did all my shit multiply like bunnies??

@lavenderfields13 I do the same thing: panic and just go with their first answer when it's unexpected news. A call back will be good, especially now that you've had some time to process through it all. I'm sending you hugs and vibes! Looking for a place to live is the worst. 

@labro That picture was the first thing I saw this morning and I'm still laughing. @southernpeach89 is having a complete FWP meltdown, with her presents and money beside her. 

@500days I keep thinking I want to try Mint, but then I hear all about the notifications and shenanigans and I'm like, NOPE. That will make me hate life. 

@AlPacina - there are a ton of options to keep things small and affordable. A former poster on here spent four months planning her elopement. She didn't even talk about it on here, but she bought a dress, made a bouquet, booked a photog, hired an officiant, and they got married on a Tuesday afternoon in the Colorado mountains. Then went mountain biking with their dogs and continued their vacation. It's doable and you can plan, if that's your thing.

@jenna8984 woohoo!! Your cruise is going to be so fun! 

--------------------------------

I'm in a weird mood today. Yesterday was my dad and H's birthdays. It's the first birthday I've worked in almost 5 years, actually. When dad was sick, I took the day off to be with him and the last two years, after he passed, I would take the day and do something he would do, like go to the bay or sew or sing. I didn't get to do any of that yesterday.

It was also H's birthday, and since we've been fighting non-stop for months now, it was also weird. His mom drove in and took him out to dinner and they had a great time together. I had cupcakes ready for him when he got home. Then I watched netflix, read my book for a couple hours, and then went to bed. While attempting to sleep, I got hit with all the feels, cried, and couldn't sleep until almost 3. Alarm went off at 8:30. 

So, weird mood today. I have a few really important projects to finish up at work today and then I'm free to have my fantastic weekend (my weekends are Thursday-Saturday). 

Tonight: 
    - going to @eilis1228 to sew my face off
    - afterwards meeting up with some Houston friends to drink and sing 

Friday:
    - sleeping! and maybe doing laundry/cleaning my floors. 
    - @eilis1228's friend's house party

Saturday:
    - sleeping and cleaning
    - @eilis1228's dress fitting
    - back to Eilis's house to do invitations (and she said no wine, but I'm definitely going to bring some). 

I also got my audition packet for the barbershop chorus I want to join. Of course they pick the hardest song to audition with, and I'm listening to the tracks and trying to learn the notes like "zomg what have I gotten myself into?" If I don't make it this audition process (it takes four weeks to complete) I have to wait a whole year before I can audition again! They said that rarely happens, but what if it does?? 

<--- this girl needs to get her confidence from last week back!
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • @audrewuh I just want to give you so many hugs! So here are some internet hugs for now!! <3

Also I totally support wine at @elis1228's invitation assembly line. ;)

• @audrewuh *hugs* Just focus on all the awesome things coming up, like your birthday next week! And your trip back home! Also, I never said wine/alcohol wasn't allowed Saturday, just not while we actually assemble everything. Afterwards you are more than welcome to open a bottle of wine. :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @audrewuh don't think that way, you got this!! Also sending big hugs your way!
  • Thanks @labro, @twodimes, @eilis1228 and @speakeasy14 for the hugs! 

I'm actually doing much better today than yesterday. It's just always a roller coaster this time of year. Like I said, weird stuff. 

I AM excited about my birthday next week! I'll be going home and seeing my friends and eating foods and hanging out at my favorite places. I'll probably end up doing a little something for my dad then. And this weekend is going to be really fun. H even has plans, so I won't feel a shred of guilt the entire time. 

On a different note, my MOH is getting married in March and her venue just backed out on her last night. Crazy pants stuff.

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • @500days @speakeasy14 Thanks! It's Carnival. It's funny because I always went on RC and Celebrity when I was little (elementary school) because of my mom's work. So when I was 10 she took us on Carnival and I bitched that it was tacky and not as good (such a brat I was right). So I told her no Carnival and she was like no, I swear they are not like they were in 1994, they are great now. She went on this ship a year ago and really liked it so I said ok then if you approve then it must be good hahah.

@twodimes Sometimes she gets geat deals and other times she can only get the standard rate. Like this one had an option for a $100 on board credit that most people would have just chosen but she found a way to cancel that "offer" and it took $250 off the price!

@alpacina Our wedding was at a local restaurant with parents, grandparents, siblings and their spouse and kids, and 2 best friends each with spouse. I think it was 23 people including ourselves. It was perfect for us. We got that sort of "elopement" feel and none of the big hoopla but our most important family members got to be there. I don't regret it for a second.

@audrewuh aaaw good luck on the audition, and get out of that weird mood soon!

• So yesterday was middle child day, but today is an even better day:

imageimage imageimage

Who else is a lefty?
  • @speakeasy14 I am!! Got the practically permanent ink stain on the side palm to prove it hahah

• @speakeasy14 I hold my pen in a SUPER weird way and drag my pinky through ink too (even though I'm a rightie). Apparently when I was young I used to grab everything with my left hand and used my left hand to color and my dad "corrected" me. So now I primarily write with my right but I'm comfortable batting or throwing with either hand.

• Does it count to celebrate when you're ambidextrous? Except writing, I can do most things with my left just as well.

My bff/hairstylist is a leftie and she never holds her scissors in her left, always right.
    side note: school use to mess up everyone when she was beside them and on the wrong side. leftie next to a rightie is complicated unless sat properly! {bumping elbows}
  • Does it count to celebrate when you're ambidextrous? Except writing, I can do most things with my left just as well.

My bff/hairstylist is a leftie and she never holds her scissors in her left, always right.
    side note: school use to mess up everyone when she was beside them and on the wrong side. leftie next to a rightie is complicated unless sat properly! {bumping elbows}

I never realized just how much I used my left hand til I was 22 and broke my left collar bone. My arm was in a sling and I couldn't move it for a month. Writing at work was one thing but brushing my teeth, brushing my hair, wiping my butt- that stuff was really difficult with the opposite hand!! lol

• @audrewuh - All the internet hugs.  Wish I could give you real-life ones.  
  • hahaha @audrewuh, it is funny because it is true.  Notebooks and binders are the worst! 

@labro you're probably supposed to be a lefty- my brother didn't like playing sports different than his friends so he corrected himself and now does everything mostly right handed (even though I taught him the correct way to play baseball)

• @speakeasy14 I remember there was one kid in my third grade class who was a leftie. I had the biggest crush on him, and it always hurt my tiny little 8 year old heart to see his hand covered in spiral dents and pencil dust. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards