Wedding Woes
Options

wtf is wrong with people?

Why is it that some people think it's ok to spray godawful perfume all over a public restroom?

I've had to use the restroom on another floor of my office today because some moron decided it would be a great idea to spray cheap "vanilla" perfume all over our restroom. It's been at least 3.5 hours and the smell hasn't dissipated.That stuff basically triggers an instant headache and nausea for me - walked in the door, and immediately walked out, and i still feel like I can taste it. 

Re: wtf is wrong with people?

• Options
    I hate that. I have scent triggers to headaches as well, and it's always irritated me when people spray so much that I can smell it from five feet away from them. The funny part is that I love perfume, but I choose my scents carefully-- they should not trigger my own discomfort, and I spray them on myself in such a way that you have to be within handshake distance to smell it at all (and then it's pretty light). I don't get people who douse themselves in it like it's the middle ages and we need to cover the fact that we don't bathe.

• Options
    Yes, not cool. Maybe they thought they were helping the aroma of the bathroom. 
  • Options
    Ugh, sorry Barbie.  And it always has to be some terrible smelling stuff.
  • Options
    if there's anything worse than the smell of poop/sewage in a bathroom, it's poop/sewage + bad perfume.
  • Options
    Oh that sucks.

And I hate that feeling that you can chew on that shit.  I'm always telling the kiddo to temper his cologne use because there's been a couple times that it's gone over the edge.  

Real conversation between me and him last week:

Me: "Hey ease up on the cologne!"
    Him: "If you think this is bad, you should walk through the men's locker room after gym class.  Everyone is spraying cologne."
    Me: "I hope that's an experience I will never have."
    Him: "Heh, yeah.  The teachers don't even go in there."
    Me: "Smart teachers." 
  • Options
    Ugh it's probably the same people spraying all that perfume as the people who think it's ok to microwave fish in a cube farm... 

I feel you though I'm really sensitive to perfumes and I have to leave certain stores (or walk away from certain people) where it's just too strong.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am quick to ban all cologne and body spray from my office.
  • Options
    the fish smell is another one that bothers me. I'm happy I don't sit close enough to the break areas to be impacted by this on a regular basis. 
  • Options
    Ugh it's probably the same people spraying all that perfume as the people who think it's ok to microwave fish in a cube farm... 

I feel you though I'm really sensitive to perfumes and I have to leave certain stores (or walk away from certain people) where it's just too strong.
    I was speedwalking through the perfume area of a department store when some idiot woman working there thought it would be a good idea to spritz me with JLo's newest perfume (without so much as asking) so I could "sample" it. (this was a good ~12-15 years ago, and I still remember how bad it smelled)

In between coughing/choking I completely threw a fit. I was on my way to something (play? ballet? movie?) in the city and I stunk the rest of the night until I could get home and shower. 
  • Options

First make sure it's not the janitors who refilled the auto-spray thing that they put in most restrooms, I know one of the scents is a vanilla...

I honestly wonder just how bad people's sense of smell is sometimes - For me it triggers asthma if it's too overpowering.  I'm all for the "Please do not spray air fresheners, perfume, or cologne in bathrooms" signs if this happens again!

• Options
    We don't have automatic sprayers in our bathrooms, and any time someone has brought in one of those "air freshener" sprays it gets tossed (office policy). It was just an extremely rude person. 

• Options
    We're on day 3 of awful perfume/"air freshener" in the bathroom. 

I'm sick of having to walk to the other side of the floor or to another floor just to go to the bathroom. 
    I put up a sign. I'm curious to see if it will work. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards