Wedding Party

Asking bridesmaids at different times

Hi everyone,

Been lurking for a few months and now I have a question. I know usually people ask their bridesmaids about 9-10 months out from the wedding, but my friend is leaving to go to grad school in England in mid-September. I want to ask her to be a bridesmaid in person, before she leaves. Should I ask my other friends around the same time? Is it ok to ask them in a few months? Or should I just call my friend in a few months and ask her over the phone while she's abroad? What are your opinions?

Thanks!

Re: Asking bridesmaids at different times

• When is your wedding?

Personally if you aren't within a year of your wedding date I would wait to ask anyone and just call up your friend or Facetime with her later when you are ready to ask everyone.

• It's not until September 2016, so I've got a while to go.
  • Wait.

I would say wait till 9 months out. Relationships change as time goes by, it sucks but it happens. You will save yourself SO MUCH potential stress if you wait. Give yourself flexibility, there is no reason to lock yourself into something now.
  • Ok thanks for the replies! I think I'll just Skype my friend at a later date, or maybe ask her in person if she comes home for Christmas :)
  • I agree with PP, definitely wait. 
  • WAIT! I asked my MOH pretty early as we were going on a camping trip together, and a mutual friend of ours who I was planning on asking to be a BM closer to the wedding actually got impatient and asked her if she was my MOH, and then got mad because I asked my MOH but not her yet. It was ridiculous and awful and put a really huge dent in our friendship. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards