Not Engaged Yet

AW: Back Again!

Hey everybody!  I'm back!  The move ended up taking a lot more energy and time than I thought it would.  I got horribly sick about halfway through and was out for about a week, then it was nonstop meetings until yesterday, which was the first day of class.  Today I finally have some time to breathe and I missed you guys so here I am.

I love Savannah so far.  It's not too big, but it's definitely a city (unlike the small town that I'm used to).  I live in midtown, which means I'm walking distance from the historic downtown area (a bit of a long walk, but it's not bad), and about a 20 minute drive from work (except on days when I'm at the extension campus, which is about a 45 minute drive).  I'm walking distance from a couple of different churches, the two biggest parks in town, and a fantastic Middle Eastern deli, as well as a pub that supposedly has one of the best burgers in town, although I haven't tried it yet.  I'm loving exploring a new home.  Also I'm in love with Publix.  We had terrible grocery stores where I moved from, and so it's nice to have a better option!

The job is going really well so far.  I had a little bit of a tiff with my (former) office mate, but apparently she has an issue with everybody and did not enjoy getting moved out of my office to make way for me (I'm full time, she's part time).  My students are great so far, and I'm excited to keep getting to know them.

And to put the whipped cream on the top of the ice cream sundae that is my life...BF is coming to visit SOON!  He's still working oversesa, but his grandfather passed away unexpectedly Sunday morning, so he's taking leave to come home.  After he spends a few days with his family, he's coming down here!!  I didn't think I was going to get to see him until November, so I'm really excited (although I wish he was coming home under happier circumstances).

I'm not even going to be able to catch up with everything over the past month, but I am trying!  Glad to be back with you ladies.  I'm sure there are newbies that I don't know, but I look forward to getting to know you!

Pics of the new apartment (and my office bookshelves) attached!

Re: AW: Back Again!

• Hi! Your apartment looks amazing! Glad to hear things are going well and you're loving your new home! 

• Welcome back! Glad you're enjoying your new surroundings and job! My condolences to your BF as well.
  • Welcome back! Savannah is great! I love it there! Glad to hear you're enjoying your new home and job.
  • Everything looks so nice! Your bookshelves are swoon worthy! Savannah, your new job, and everything sounds like the perfect experience for you!

• I'm glad you're getting in to the swing of things and enjoying your new place!!  Welcome back!
  • Glad the move went well! The apartment looks beautiful! Also glad you're getting to see BF but sorry it's under sad circumstances.
  • Love the apartment!!!
  • @Swazzle - It's like you read my mind.  That was what I was singing in my head as I was trying to come up with a subject title.
  • @futuremrshistorian - It'll be stuck in my head all day now!

• @swazzle - It is now stuck in my head....sigh.  ;)
  • Congrats! That sounds great to be walking distance to a downtown area. I really like that coffee table. Is this your first time moving "away"?

Glad your BF is able to visit you!

• Glad things are going so well!

Anniversary

• Congrats on your new place! I love Savannah (and Publix! Publix is everything!)! I hope you continue to get settled in and find some time to really explore the city!

• @jenna8984 - Yes...I lived in the same town for 26 years until 2 weeks ago when I moved to take this job.  It's definitely new!

@labro - I thought I remembered you talking about Publix!  It's...glorious.
  • It's such a cool experience!! I moved 3,000 miles on my own when I was 22 and it was so much fun seeing new things, meeting new people. I have since moved back but I wouldn't trade those years for the world!

• I just mentioned the other day how much I miss you! I'm so glad you're back! :)

Your apartment looks adorable and fantastic, BTW.

• I love your house! Great kitchen. Glad things are going well so far :)
  • Your new place looks fantastic! Congrats on the new job and new apartment!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • So glad the new job is going well and your apartment looks great! Is your bed in front of a window- was wondering if the curtains are window coverings or just decoration? I kind of love the idea of having some kind of backdrop like that behind the bed.

• @lavenderfields13 - It's a window.  There are mini-blinds on it, but they were letting in too much light so I hung the curtains up in front of them.  They were in my living room at the old place, but they match my new throw pillows so well I really loved the whole effect!
  • @cu97tiger - Enjoy Mrs. Wilkes! GO HUNGRY. 

• I'm stealing your coffee table idea! I have a coffee table EXACTLY like that that mom was going to tile at some point, but never did. I think I'm going to paint it, smash the tiles and get crafty
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @beanbot2002 - That coffee table was the first DIY house project I ever did, and then I was hooked!

I got the broken tiles all in a 5-gallon bucket for like, $10.  Sometimes discount floor places will have things like that.  The glass ones I bought at Lowe's for full price.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards