Wedding Woes
Options

Having Wedding Nightmares-literally

I'm not getting married until August 2016, and I'm already freaking out. Ever since I said yes I've been having nightmares from the photographer forgetting to put a memory card in the camera to accidentally setting the hall on fire, to my man getting it on with his best man (which is completely irrational) and I'm starting to wonder if these are signs we shouldn't get married, or I'm marrying the wrong guy. I love him to death, and until we met I was the gung-ho-never-going-to-get-married girl in the group. I'm wondering if I might be getting cold feet already! 

Does anyone have any suggestions?? 

Re: Having Wedding Nightmares-literally

• Options
    well, i suppose this would be the time to tell the story when i had an erotic dream about the ghostbusters. 

sadly, it did not come true, so i suppose none of your dreams will come true either, for this or other reasons.
  • Options
    I was a guest at a wedding and the centerpiece caught on fire. Someone should have told the bride that plastic ivy and votives don't mix. I dumped my water glass on it, and carried on with the evening. 
  • Options
    MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    *Barbie* said:
    I was a guest at a wedding and the centerpiece caught on fire. Someone should have told the bride that plastic ivy and votives don't mix. I dumped my water glass on it, and carried on with the evening. 
    I was at one where the bride had yule logs for centerpieces and took the votive out of the metal holder because silver clashed with her colors...  Yep - should have seen people move REAL quick when that one took hold and they couldn't just blow it out...  Some people just have more ideas than brain power...
  • Options
    I didn't have the nightmares but I went to a wedding fair and was depressed for a week afterwards. It was overwhelming. My advice is to just relax and breathe, and prioritize. Like venue, find a venue. Just focus on one task at a time. You'll get through it. Goodluck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    wedding fairs ARE depressing: they are depressing displays of bad taste.
  • Options
    @hmonkey I completely agree. One good thing though, after being haggled by a timeshare rep, the next table over was George Street Photo, the rep read my face in a second, totally hands off suggested we just take and look over the brochures, and come back if or when we're ready. No pressure, low key, and her name was the only name I remembered from that whole thing. We just booked them too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    People just aren't willing to do/pay for the work good vegan desserts take *looking at 2 dozen frozen almost overripe bananas in freezer in preparation for vegan party next weekend*
  • Options
    wacky cake is from the great depression, and it is wonderful. and no having to buy weird obscure random ingredients.
    and you can just make vegan frosting with coconut oil instead of butter. 

see? still tastes delicious, without being all "mix tofu and agave syrup, add to sorghum flour and xanthan gum." gah!

• Options
    Thankfully no vegan cake. There was a baker, she was nice, and because of her brochure it gave me an idea of cake pricing, etc. But her cookies were horrible, the cake was meh. If I was vegan, I'd go out of my way to find a damn good vegan baker. I would actually move the wedding to Hawaii to get Greens & Vines Raw Vegan to make the cake (omg their vegan desserts are the bomb!).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I totally understand this- I am getting married in May 2016, and am having wedding nightmares regularly. Everything from ridiculous 'disasters' that conscious me would not be upset about at all (ie. getting the wrong napkins, Supper starting late) to the slightly more serious but severely unlikely (ie. The church forgetting our booking and giving it to another couple and not actually being able to marry us) and all the way up to death and dismemberment. 

However, nightmares are a pretty normal thing for me in general, so I've realized that it's really just a topic change, and not a sign that there is impending doom surrounding the wedding. 

Remind yourself what things you CAN control and focus on those. Lean on your FI to talk it out. Maybe go for a couples massage. But unless you have previous psychic experiences, I think you and I will be just fine :) 
  • Options

Just had a very long and complicated wedding nightmare last night. The worst part: As I was walking down the aisle, a guy from work (who I hate) showed up and said, "I'm so sorry I'm late, but I had a rash"

• Options
    MegEn1MegEn1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I've been having nightmares -- some of the same ones actually (including that FI ran off with a man. I don't know why.)

Best one was when we had the reception before the ceremony in which I was in my pajamas, no makeup. Matthew McConahay was there and he hated all the food. Then I realized I had to get dressed, went to a trailer at the top of the hill and realized oh yeah I hadn't bought a dress yet. I run down the hill to find a bridesmaid who tells me she bought me a dress and it's in the trailer. Only I turn around and the trailer's gone. 

So for me it's normal. 

Achievement Unlocked: Survived Your Wedding! 
  • Options
    When I first got engage, I was just like you. I had nightmares about everything when it came to the wedding. 

#1 They mean nothing except that I am seriously stressed out.
    #2 I look back and laugh at them now.
    #3 Do your best to not dwell on any wedding details before going to sleep. It should help relieve those nightmares.

Just relax! Enjoy the planning process. It will go by very quickly.
  • Options

I'm getting married at the end of December and I'm having some wedding nightmares...in one of them I for some reason was getting ready with my maids at a house that I haven't lived in for years, two hours away from the ceremony site. Somehow we lost complete track of time and I don't even have my makeup done when my mom is like "the ceremony starts in 30 minutes! We're going to be late!"

In another one none of my vendors showed. No photographer, no food, no cake, nothing.

And in the most recent one, my dress was black instead ivory, my bridesmaid forgot her dress, my hair stylist messed up my hair and burned a chunk of it off trying to fix it, and then my dad walked the flower girl down the aisle instead of me.

It's just stress...try to do some calming exercises before bed. Take a bubble bath once a week or so, get some aromatherapy lotion (lavender, mint, and eucalyptus are all great to relax), and just take a step back for a couple days. You still have plenty of time for everything.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards