Florida-West Coast

Restaurants/hotels/etc. in downtown St. Pete for 14 person "reception"?

tdb05ctdb05c member
Name Dropper First Comment
edited March 2015 in Florida-West Coast

Hi everyone! I am having a TON of trouble trying to find a place to hang out after my ceremony. I know someone just posted with a similar question, but mine is a little different. I already know that our ceremony will be in Vinoy park (which is public) in the evening, probably around 7 or so due to the extreme heat around here in summertime (it will be sometime between July and September). We have our guest list complete: my parents, his mom and date with their respective SOs, and three close friends with their dates...so 14 including us. I want to do something after, like dinner or even just drinks and appetizers. But, it is important to me that we don't just go out and reserve a table for 14...I want a place where we could rent out a room in a restaurant or a space in a hotel or something...but for only 14 people. Everything I have looked at, they want like 30+ people. My original idea was Ferg's, which, if you aren't familiar, is a big sports bar right across from Tropicana Field (TB Rays) and also the site of our first date. I love the place...it's not classy at all, it's a junky sports bar, but it's our type of place. The issue there is, there is one upstairs area that could potentially be rented out, but it's going be look a little odd having just the 14 of us there since it can probably accommodate 100+ people. I DO NOT want to invite more people just to fill up space...I want it t be small and intimate, and only the most important people will be there, so that's one area I won't budge. I would like something in walking distance of the park (anywhere in the main downtown area would be fine) but I'm also willing to go farther away if I find what I want. So, does anyone know of a restaurant that has a room for around that many that we could rent out? Or a hotel that might have a super small room to rent? Or anything like this, somewhere in St. Pete? Thanks for your help!

Oh yeah, budget...I'd really like to stay under $1000. I mean, all I really want is a little get-together for food and drinks for a couple hours...but my budget is flexible if I find something perfect!

Re: Restaurants/hotels/etc. in downtown St. Pete for 14 person "reception"?

• Just a word of advice - it's really hard to locate a place in this area that will allow you to reserve a room for less than 1k. I've been looking for a rehearsal dinner location for 15 ppl and there is not a single one that doesn't charge a minimum of 1k in food and beverage sales (not including taxes and service fees). We decided to just make a regular reservation, but I hope you find something!
  • Parkshore Grill has a private dining room for up to 24 guests. 
    http://www.parkshoregrill.com/facilities.html

And to avoid what Psilovyouu said, just say you are having a dinner party for 14.  Don't mention wedding, rehearsal, reception, or anything else.  That way, you will just pay for the food, just as any other party of 14 would.

• 400 Beach Seafood and Tap Grille has a room that will fit 30 people packed in, and 14 will probably be just right.  You have to pay $100 to get the room, that's all. 
    http://www.400beachseafood.com/banquets---catering.html

• Hey @VerizonGirl...thank you! We actually did decide on 400 Beach. My mom suggested it also and it turned out to be just what we were looking for. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards