Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Outdoor Ceremony Space, Washington PA

So, the only thing my fiance and I had booked for our wedding of September '16 was the ceremony space. We booked it at The Century Inn, an historic inn with beautiful grounds located in the small town we both grew up in. Well, this week the inn tragically burned to the ground... Right now we are so sad about the town losing a piece if history, but we also have no idea when we are going to get married. Unfortunately, this space was both beautiful and special to us emotionally. The only other space we have considered seriously is Mingo Creek park. Has anyone held their ceremony here? There is not a lot of information online. Does anyone have any suggestions for a beautiful, outdoor ceremony space in Washington County?

Re: Outdoor Ceremony Space, Washington PA

• I'm so sorry to hear about the Inn.  It was absolutely beautiful.

I'd recommend you contact the county's parks department for more information about Mingo.  I walk in Mingo regularly, and they have some beautiful ceremonies.  I do think you can only book something with the county only x number of months out. 

If you have your heart set on Century Inn, I did hear that they are planning to rebuild, but it may not be for a while.  I would contact the Inn in a few weeks (after the initial craziness dies down) to see what your options are.  They may be able to make suggestions. 

Depending on the size of your guest list, there are some really great restaurants inside old houses with outdoor space.  Knowing what it's typically like here in September, you may need a rain location, which they could provide.  I've seen a few (one or two) events done at the David Bradford House on Main Street in Washington.  It's a Whiskey Rebellion Museum.  They have a garden in the back, which is beautiful, but will definitely not hold more than 75 people. I don't know if they can do weddings or not, but it doesn't hurt to contact them.

I also think Rolling Hills Golf Course on 136 near Mingo also does outdoor events. I drove past there yesterday, and there was a crew setting something up. 

There are also a few local wineries to look into. Ripepi's in Monongahela, Washington Winery, and J&D Cellars in 84.

Good luck finding a venue!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards