Wedding Invitations & Paper

Professional Printing Vs. Printing at Home

So I've been tossing around the idea of printing my own wedding invitations but I'm not 100% sold on the idea yet. Etsy has a lot of great listings where you just purchase a digital file and then print the invites yourself. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with doing something like that or similar?

I'm not totally against getting my invites from a professional printing company, I just wanted to explore all of my options! Thanks!

Re: Professional Printing Vs. Printing at Home

• I printed my own inserts.  My home printer, which is a nice HP that we just got, would not print on cardstock that was sturdy enough to be my RSVP postcard.  It would do thinner cardstock just fine, if I fed it in sheet by sheet.

But honestly, I'd get it all put together and then take it to like a FedEx Office (that's where I did my inserts) and have them print it for you.  They even used my paper that I brought in.  The cost wasn't much at all, and saved me a lot of time as they could print what I needed in 10 minutes versus me having to sit there and keep an eye on my printer at home for an hour or two while it printed page by page.
    Married 9.12.15
  • I found that doing it from home cut my budget for magnet STDs, invitations, response cards & thank you notes by about 40%. I bought digital copies from Etsy, and it was great. The vendor personalized everything for me, then sent me high res PDFs once I was satisfied.

Vistaprint offers a free sample kit (https://secure.vistaprint.com/wedding-sample-kit.aspx) that allows you to see the size and texture of everything before you buy, which was lovely.We went for the linen finish on the invitations themselves, and just the plain matte finish on everything else.

Also, Vistaprint has LOTS of discounts. Sign up for their email list and follow them for a few weeks - I gave myself a goal of 40% off, since I had a lot of time to play with, and I wound up getting them for about 45% off.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards