Wedding Woes

Morning

How's it going?

I had an OK day off yesterday.  I did some shopping.  I bought all the baby things.  I also found some cute cardigans and super cheap baby shower prizes at Nordstrom Rack.  

I have this monster zit that has made a colony on my face.  I'm dying for it to go away.  It's so damn painful. 

I have a hair appt on Saturday.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. 

Re: Morning

• Good morning.

I noticed the van sounded weird, like the engine was clicking.  I texted DH, who told me to check the oil.  No problem, I can do that.  The dang dipstick was dry.  DH just changed the oil last month, so we've got to have a leak (though there isn't a puddle in the garage).  He told me to add a little oil and not leave again before he gets home.  So I'm pretty much trapped here for a few hours.

Today is DD2's first day of preschool.  She is beyond ready.  She has been pissed every morning when the older two go off to school and then she was mad at me this morning that she has to wait until after lunch to go.  Hey, I'm not happy about the afternoon classes either.  We took what we could get.
  • I forgot my lunch and snack today.  Boo.  I have a stash of Kind bars and a banana, so I'll be okay until I can run out for lunch.  But I miss my morning yogurt.

DD's horseback riding gear arrived yesterday and she looked completely adonkable in it.  She wanted to wear her boots to school today and I said no, but as soon as it gets cooler, I promised I'd get her boots for school.  (She likes tall boots, and I can't see sending her in those when it's still upper 80's here.  T-shirt, skort, and knee high boots is definitely a look, though.)

Meanwhile, DS is embracing the terrible twos like it's his job.  "No!" to everything, wailing when I won't give him fruit snacks for breakfast, sitting down in the middle of the street on the way back from the bus stop and wailing when I pick him up.  The whole nine yards.  I get to work and I'm like "It's so quiet here!"
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Yesterday was crazy busy- zoo and a bunch of cooking. I made 20 lunches for 6let, 2 loaves of wheat bread, 12 twice baked potatoes, and prepped 4 nights of dinners.  Then I put in 3 hrs work.  My boss is going nuts.  He sent me over 50 messages yesterday. 

Today I've put in 3 hrs and I know there's more to come. 

I promised the kids a picnic and playground.  Hopefully Max naps (he's been doing that) so I can get more done.

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

I want to go to GFS for more food. Sometimes I think I'm a food hoarder, but it never sticks around.  5 pm yesterday the neighbor was trying to figure out dinner and ended up needing to drag her kids to the store.  I told her this sort of thing doesn't compute at all for me.

• They've updated the forecast for Tropical Storm Erika, and now some guy on Slate is calling for a 20% chance of a second landfall (after South FL) in the Carolinas, and a 10% chance of hitting the Carolinas as a major hurricane. Not huge odds, but August - October is usually when we get them, if we're going to get them.  (Hugo was a September hurricane.)  Assuming it doesn't go all Hugo on us, it would be nice to get some rain, because we're still in a drought.  Just keeping an eye on things for now.
  • Going to Shakespeare in the Park tonight and looking forward to it.

We have nothing, glorious nothing, to do this weekend until Sunday afternoon.  It's been 6 weeks since we've had a weekend.  That lack of time is starting to show in our personal lives and the condition of our home.  I'm looking forward to cleaning and organizing for real and just relaxing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards