Wedding Woes

OMG, it's Friday.

Yesterday was a weird day.  BIL offered me a ticket for Foo Fighters last night, but I couldn't make it work (WAHHH!)  And then our systems went kaput as I was going on lunch.  Just for funsies, I got my period on my lunch break. 

I guess time warner had some crazy widespread outage over the last 2 days and it was affecting our VPN.  They let everyone stay home and wait it out on Weds (it was my day off), but once it started acting up again yesterday they pulled us all in the office.  

So when they told us we had to come in I was all:

So at 1pm, I had to make a mad dash to the office.  I had at least showered on lunch and pulled together a decent outfit at the last second.  

Thankfully, we seem to be good now.  Fingers crossed it stays that way. 

I have a hair appt tomorrow and DH has to work, but other than that we don't have anything going on this weekend.  

What's up for your weekend?

Re: OMG, it's Friday.

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

It's 62 now but it's supposed to be 81 by 4 pm.  We're getting 6let off the bus, picking up pizza, and hitting the pool!

Tomorrow m2 has an 8:45 soccer game (arrival time 8:15) and 6let has a 9am.  My parents are meeting us here at 7:30.  I already warned them we aren't at our best that early.

That's all that's scheduled.  I might spend some time working on expense reports.  I'm up to doing them for 4 people and it can be time consuming. 

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2015
    6- I think it's so awesome that you've found a niche with your job. You're able to keep a flexible schedule with the kiddos and you're obviously doing a great job since they're giving you more work to do and they've also told you so.  :)  I'm happy for you.  
  • I am so glad it's Friday.  Diva should be out most of the day.  DH has a BBQ tonight with a new club he's getting involved in and is okay with me sitting it out.  I am going to clean my damn house tonight and tomorrow.  It will sparkle when I am finished, dammit! Nothing else on Saturday.

Sunday, we're going to see a show that was written about the sex orientation gender identification bill that was repealed here.  I'm pretty much expecting to cry and get upset all over again, but the community will be around me and we'll all be supporting each other.  Then we're having a small dinner party with some friends and introducing them to the movie of Titus Andronicus.  <--I can't remember the spelling and I'm too lazy to look it up.  It should be an excellent weekend.
  • 6, your Saturday schedule makes me not miss soccer so much.

Wooz starts horseback riding tomorrow.  DH is nervous about her falling, which is making me nervous, even though I wasn't before.  (She made it through a week of riding camp without incident.)  I mean, she's going to fall at some point, it happens.  At her checkup last month, the NP asked about activities and we mentioned the riding.  She was all for it--apparently she had a horse she loved as a kid, and she and Wooz compared notes for a while.  She basically said always wear a helmet, same as a bike, and have fun.

Good schedule:  riding in the morning, swim in late afternoon.  For once, we don't have any conflicts with DS's nap, so we don't necessarily have to tag-team with the kids. 

My mom wanted to see us, and Sunday ended up being the only day that worked for both schedules for a while.  I kind of feel like I'd rather do house stuff, especially since we were gone last weekend.  But when we do get together, afterward I'm always glad we did.  So we're doing that.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    6- I think it's so awesome that you've found a niche with your job. You're able to keep a flexible schedule with the kiddos and you're obviously doing a great job since they're giving you more work to do and they've also told you so.  :)  I'm happy for you.  
    Thanks.  It's kind of amazing how it just happened.  Some of it's funny and odd, but I enjoy most of it.  I'm seeing signs of places to take it in a couple of years too.
  • all long as the weather holds out, we'll swim and BBQ tonight. I'm happy that Wolverine has improved her swimming significantly this summer. It was a rough beginning, but she's gotten a lot more confident in the water - even to the point where she was excited to try the snorkel 2 weeks ago. She seemed to be very excited about snorkeling, so hopefully we'll be able to do a snorkel excursion in the Bahamas in Feb. (as soon as she's old enough, I'm looking for all of us to get SCUBA certified). 

No real plans for the weekend (which is a first - yay!). We'll probably just take it easy, swim a lot, and try to get some stuff done at home after being at the beach last weekend. 

also - kindergarten = crazy amounts of homework. we have to do a book log every night and she had 3 worksheets to do last night. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards