Chit Chat

Pick Me a Movie

I'm having a family BBQ at my house Labor Day weekend.  If I can get my projector working I'm going to have a movie outside and I need help picking one.

Looking for something family friendly I think.  Age range is all over the place.  3 under 6, 3 in their teens, 11 over 21.

It's been a long time since I've been to the movies so I don't know what's out.
Anniversary

Re: Pick Me a Movie

• Goonies

The Sandlot

Or any Disney Pixar movie (Finding Nemo, Incredibles, and Up are a few of my favorites)

• Goonies

The Sandlot

Or any Disney Pixar movie (Finding Nemo, Incredibles, and Up are a few of my favorites)
    I was also gonna say Goonies! 

Adventures in Babysitting 
    Homeward Bound
    Jumanji 
    (sorry, I was born in the 80s so these were my movies!) 

You can't go wrong with Disney/Pixar. 
  • Goonies

The Sandlot

I was also gonna say Goonies! 

Adventures in Babysitting 
    Homeward Bound
    Jumanji 
    (sorry, I was born in the 80s so these were my movies!) 

You can't go wrong with Disney/Pixar. 
    Yes!  Jumanji!!!!

• i was going to say Finding Nemo or Cars - so many jokes the kiddies won't understand but that parents will think are hilarious. 
  • I also always liked Summer Rental.  Great end of summer movie.

• I love Pixar movies like the Incredibles and Up. Incredibles is so awesome.

I also really loved Big Hero 6 which is animated and probably good for a kid's movie. Or maybe the original Jurassic Park as a throw back for a movie that was big this summer.
  • I was also going to suggest Jurassic park!
  • If your family likes sports movies, we just watched a movie called "Million Dollar Arm"... pretty sure it's a Disney movie but it has Jon Hamm in it so I agreed to watch it haha!  Anyway it ended up pretty good and I think it would appeal to all ages.  
    Married 9.12.15
  • How to Train Your Dragon, Wreck it Ralph, and Big Hero 6 are a few younger kid friendly movies that I think are good for older kids and adults too!
  • I was ALSO going to say the Goonies. Or Princess Bride, The Neverending Story, Labyrinth, or Sandlot.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2015
    I now have a very long list of movies that I must re-watch!

• anjemon said:
    I love Pixar movies like the Incredibles and Up. Incredibles is so awesome.

I also really loved Big Hero 6 which is animated and probably good for a kid's movie. Or maybe the original Jurassic Park as a throw back for a movie that was big this summer.
    The Incredibles is probably my favorite non-90's Disney animated movie. SO good for kids and adults!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • anjemon said:

The Incredibles is probably my favorite non-90's Disney animated movie. SO good for kids and adults!
    The Jack Attack mini movie in the extras is my favorite.

• Back to the Future or Indiana Jones. Other PPs have great suggestions!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• anjemon said:

The Jack Attack mini movie in the extras is my favorite.
    I love them all. And the music is what introduced me to Michael Giacchino who has won both a Grammy and an Emmy. He's awesome.

Have you heard that they have announced an Incredibles 2? I'm cautiously optimistic.
  • peachy13 said:
    Back to the Future or Indiana Jones. Other PPs have great suggestions!
    Yes Back to the Future. This is the year that Marty goes to the future in Back to the Future II.

• peachy13 said:
    Back to the Future or Indiana Jones. Other PPs have great suggestions!
    Yes Back to the Future. This is the year that Marty goes to the future in Back to the Future II.
    BUT WHERE IS MY HOVERBOARD?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks for the suggestions!
    I did not mean to post and run, I've been logged out of mobile and cannot get logged back in, just sits on the username/password screen.

I will look into all of these.  Some of them I own, some I've seen, others I've never heard of.
    You guys rock!
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards