Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Did you taste all your cake flavors?

My FI and I have a third tier we have yet to decide the flavor for. The flavor we wanted to try was not available on the day we did our tasting. At this point, we are getting close and I feel this is just one more Thing to get done.

Can I cross it off my list? Did any of you get a cake without tasting it?

Re: Did you taste all your cake flavors?

• Options
    I wouldn't stress about it. If it's a good baker and the other flavors were good, I'd be willing to assume this flavor will be good too. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I tasted one of the layers, but not the other.  DH didn't taste either.    I picked strawberry filling only to find out later that DH was allergic (strawberries were like $17 for a pint where we lived so I never bought them and well and the topic never came up).   Because we were OOT I never tasted the replacement filling.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Thanks y'all. I'm not going to worry about it.
  • Options
    We picked a filling without tasting it first (coconut). It ended up being our favorite!
  • Options
    I agree with PP. If all the other flavors were good I would be willing to bet most are.

The only reason I would say different is if you are talking about an exotic or highly subject flavor. (Like margarita or something. Sometimes I like it, sometimes not. Or some other thing that is not a 'common' one.) In that case I might want to try it but at the end of the day its just one layer, make it the smallest one so if you hate it no biggy, if you love it you can always get it again for your 1st anniversary.

• Options
    We had cupcakes I asked for a few changes and didn't taste the changed ones until after the wedding. We had a whole dessert bar though, so even if the changed ones were crap there was so many other things it wouldn't have been a big deal. They turned out great though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards