Wedding Invitations & Paper

Help with my invites

PBorgstede91PBorgstede91 member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited September 2015 in Wedding Invitations & Paper
hello everyone! I'm planning a very last minute wedding...*sigh**
anyways trying to cut costs wherever possible so I decided to design my own invites. please critique them. not sure how I did!

Edited by moderator

Re: Help with my invites

• and thats huge............not sure why -_-
  • Please remove all of that identifying information.  It is simply not safe.  I was easily able to track your wedding website.  I was also able to access your Facebook page.  Change your screen name to something less overt as well.
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2015
    I find this invitation completely confusing.  Who is hosting your wedding?  How are the named people related to you?  Or are these YOUR names? 
    Zip codes are never on invitations - just on the outer envelope for mail delivery.  The phrase "request the honor of your presence" is ONLY used for church weddings.  You only capitalize the first word and proper nouns.  It is supposed to read like one long sentence.

If I have more information, I can help you reword this so it is less confusing.  I like the birds, but the swirl on the bottom isn't necessary, and it makes it very busy, IMHO.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2015
    Let me try anyway.

The pleasure if your company is requested

at the wedding of
    Bride's Full Name
    and
    Groom's Full Name
    Saturday, the fourteenth of November
    two thousand fifteen
    at three o'clock

Name State Park
    2400 Twenty-fifth Street, North
    Town, State (no zip!)

Reception to follow

or

Together with their families
    Bride's Full Name
    and
    Groom's Full Name
    request the pleasure of your company
    at their wedding (or, as they are united in marriage)
    (etc.)
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • PupatellaPupatella member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2015
    @CMGragain gave great suggestions for the wording (and getting rid of the zip code) on your invitation. I would get rid of your names on the top of the invitation, and just use the wording that she suggested. I agree with her that the invitation looks busy. 

I would make all of the font, with the exception of your two names, the same size and same font (non cursive, and also would choose either all caps, or not all caps - it looks kind of weird going back and forth between the two). I would make your two names in a larger and cursive font.

Also, please remove your invitation as it includes very personal info. I was also very easily able to find your wedding website, Facebook, etc. I would spell out your city name in full (how it is on your Linkedin).

Best of luck planning your wedding!! We have the same date. :)

• AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited September 2015
    I'm not at all confused by the names or who is hosting. I think it's pretty obvious the names on there are the bride and groom. In addition to removing the identifying info, I also suggest changing your user name if you plan to continue posting.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I think part of what confused me was all the different size fonts.  I'm not a fan of the "Bride & Groom" names at the side, but that is just my own opinion, not a rule.  I would keep all the letters the same size, except, maybe, for the bride and groom names.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • lol sorry for taking so long to come back here but I see that the invite with my info has been removed. 
    thank you all for the suggestions!
    From my wording and mostly the design I just tried to imitate one I saw online-pinterest lol.
    we are hosting the wedding ourselves.
    thank you all so much for the suggestions, i will play with it some more :D
  • Pinterest is a terrible place to look for invitation wording.  Some invitation printers can be just as bad!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    Pinterest is a terrible place to look for invitation wording.  Some invitation printers can be just as bad!
    good to know! I will stalk the boards for the correct wording.
  • lol sorry for taking so long to come back here but I see that the invite with my info has been removed. 
    thank you all for the suggestions!
    From my wording and mostly the design I just tried to imitate one I saw online-pinterest lol.
    we are hosting the wedding ourselves.
    thank you all so much for the suggestions, i will play with it some more :D
    Good luck with your invitations!! If you want to check out wedding invitation websites just to see different wording or other designs, I recommend: Magnet Street, Wedding Paper Divas, Minted, and Vistaprint.

• Um, you have the correct wording.  I posted it.  What do you want to do differently?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards