Pre-wedding Parties

What should our ice cream flavor be for our ice cream cake?

bridet0be15bridet0be15 member
5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
edited September 2015 in Pre-wedding Parties
I am not much of an ice cream person (I only like coffee and cookie dough haha). However, it is my fiances absolutely favorite desert! When I called our rehearsal dinner venue to see about having an outside cake they told me they make cakes themselves! Their cakes.. ice cream cakes!! or we could do blueberry pie. I love blueberry pie but I am letting my FI have this one! Now we can pick any flavor ice cream we want in the cake!!! I was wondering what you guys thought about flavors...

Should we go with: generic vanilla, cookie dough (FI favorite, yes we have child like taste sometimes!), coffee, black raspberry, wild Maine blueberry

What should our ice cream flavor be for our ice cream cake? 30 votes

Vanilla
26% 8 votes
Cookie Dough
40% 12 votes
Coffee
10% 3 votes
Black Raspberry
13% 4 votes
Wild Maine Blueberry
10% 3 votes

Re: What should our ice cream flavor be for our ice cream cake?

• I voted cookie dough because I love cookie dough.

But could you do both the ice cream cake and pie?  I am just concerned about those that may be lactose intolerant.

But if you only do cake then I would do vanilla and see if they can offer some toppings, such as berries or syrup or caramel so that people can add flavorings they like.  I just think if you go with something such as black raspberry or wild blueberry or even coffee you run the risk of having a lot of your guests not eat it.

• Those are good points! We are only having 16 adults and 2 children at our rehearsal so it is really small!  Everyone but 2 people are family (those two have been our best friends for over 20 years each, one FI one mine).  I don't want to have to much extra food because we will have leftover wedding cake too!  We know that everyone (except one person) eats ice cream cake (FI family has it regularly for dessert)!  The one exception does not eat dessert at all.  They are the pickiest eater I have ever met!  She wouldn't eat the berries or blueberry pie either so I don't know what to do for her..
  • I voted for vanilla, but that's because many people don't care for the other flavors you have listed.

That said, you can put just about any topping on vanilla and it will work.

• Are you getting married in Maine? If so, I'd vote for the Maine blueberry, otherwise the coffee.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• What flavor is the cake itself? If white cake I choose black raspberry. If chocolate cake I choose coffee.
  • you both like cookie dough?  Do cookie dough!
  • I voted for black raspberry - it definitely goes well with chocolate or white cake!! And it's the best.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards