Honeymoon Discussions

Rome

My husband won a trip for us through work. It includes our airfare and hotel for 5 nights in Rome. While in Italy we decided we want to extend the trip and see other parts, as we've never been there. What are some other cities you'd recommend visiting?  My cousin speaks highly of Positano which we are considering but I was hoping to get additional opinions.

Re: Rome

• should also add that this trip will be in the beginning of NOvember
  • Florence is an easy train ride away.  Museums and architecture are its big draws, so the weather won't be an issue.  Buy a copy of Rick Steves Rome or Italy.

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I second buying a copy of Rick Steves.  I have not been to Italy but we are planning Spain and his books are filled of tips and ideas.  Also he has a great forum also that helps with ideas on how to plan the trip!
  • HIGHLY recommend Florence. It was our favorite place in Italy. Cinque Terre is also incredibly beautiful if you're into hiking/ going a bit more off the beaten path. We took trains throughout and they were pretty quick trips actually.

In all honesty, we were a little disappointed in Rome, and ended up taking a day trip to Pomeii and Vesuvius which was pretty cool. Rome is beautiful, but we felt we'd seen everything after 3 days.
  • I have only been to Italy in the Spring/Summer time, but I came in to recommend taking a train south to Naples and also seeing Pompeii.  From Naples, you can go out to some of the islands, like Capri (very popular).  That area has a very different vibe from Rome.  Pompeii was very interesting.

I loved Rome, and my last vacation there, I sat in one of the Piazzas for an entire afternoon people-watching and enjoying very delicious coffee.  Just my two cents!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards