Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Essense of Australia - how long did it take for your dress to come?

I've narrowed it down to two Essense of Australia dresses. I really want to go try them on again with a friend to see what I think looks better before I pick one. The shop said I need to order 9 months out but 9 months just passed, so then they said by the end of the month. Realistically, I can't get there to try it on again for two more weeks and even then, I'm worried I'll feel too pressured to buy.

If you bought an Essense of Australia gown, how long did it take? The tag in the store said 5-6 months and I know I'll need some alterations, so I was thinking I needed to order between 7 and 8 months out... does that seem like enough time?

Re: Essense of Australia - how long did it take for your dress to come?

• Options
    I can't remember if my daughter bought an Essense of Australia or one of the other lines in that company but hers came in three months. The shop told us that three months was the norm and I know she was looking at all the lines in that company.
  • Options
    I bought an EoA dress for my wedding.  Granted I got married 4 years ago so that means I ordered my dress almost 5 years ago, but any how I ordered my dress at the end of September and it came in, I believe, around Christmas if not early January.  So lets just say it took 4 months to come in.

But really it just depends on the dress and how busy the warehouse making the dress is when you order it in regards to how long it can take to come in.  The stores are going to give you the longest time that it would take to come in because 1) they want to cover their asses because they don't want to tell you 5 months and it ends up taking 9 and 2) they want to make a sale today rather then possibly losing out on a sale because you need to think it over and then you may change your mind.

When is your wedding?  Alterations typically start 1.5 to 2 months prior to your wedding day.  I personally believe that you will be fine if you order within the next month.

Oh and which dresses are you deciding between?

• Options
    I bought my EoA dress in Jan it came in May. So all in all about 4 months since it was mid Jan.

• Options
    About 4 months for me too
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just ordered my Essence of Australia dress last weekend and the estimated ship date is January 1 - so 4 month seems about right :) But like you said, you should definitely leave time to get alterations done. I'm a little under the 9 month mark.
  • Options
    Thanks! I'm a little under 9 months from my wedding, so it was stressing me out when the store said 9 months. It sounds like I'll be fine if I make a decision by 8 months out or so.
    I'm looking at D1758 and D1846
  • Options
    I know you didn't ask for my opinion but if I had to pick I would go with D1758.  I think the lace design is beautiful on that one.

But both are gorgeous dresses so I don't think you could really go wrong with either.

• Options
    What dress does everyone have? I have D1617
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @Denise40 - my dress is most likely discontinued due to it being 4-5 years old.  But here is a pic of it on the model but I thought it looked much better on me :)

• Options
    @Maggie0829 that's beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I went and tried on some more dresses because my mom thought I should consider some options with straps, as originally I really, really wanted straps. So now I'm up to two more that I'm considering. One is Maggie Sottero Londyn but my worry is that it's a sheath and doesn't have enough support on my tummy and hips. I also loved the Maggie Sottero Shayla and Abigail... too many choices! I'm overwhelmed.
  • Options
    I went and tried on some more dresses because my mom thought I should consider some options with straps, as originally I really, really wanted straps. So now I'm up to two more that I'm considering. One is Maggie Sottero Londyn but my worry is that it's a sheath and doesn't have enough support on my tummy and hips. I also loved the Maggie Sottero Shayla and Abigail... too many choices! I'm overwhelmed.

what you need to do is stop and take a breather you already love a few dresses figure out what you like and dont like about each dress and then narrow it down do you like  the lace on one dress but want the beading of another dress

once you have that narrowed down go back to the salon and say i love this dress and this dress but i like elements from both dresses do you have something that combines both dresses 

also on the sheath dress the seamstress should know how it will hold you up or if its even a good fit for your body type.

• Options
    I ordered my D1741 at a trunk show in February, and it will not be in until November. So about 9 months total for me! Not sure if the shop is taking their time because I did purchase the gown pretty early for my June 2016 wedding. 

I love EoA :)

This one is mine!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This is why we can't have nice things.
  • Options
    Here's the two I'm deciding between
  • Options

Here's the two I'm deciding between

The one with sleeves is amazing

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I'm with Hellohkb on this one. I love that dress.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I bought an EoA dress - style d1715 for my January 2016 wedding. I ordered it last September and it arrived in January. I'm so excited to wear it!
  • Options
    I like the strapless dress more.  The lace is gorgeous on it and I love the buttons down the back.

• Options
    I went with the strapless. It had more structure and the seamstress basically told me that I couldn't put any structure into the one with straps and I was just paranoid that my tummy and hips would look bumpy... The strapless is delicate and very romantic.
  • Options
    Oh and turns out the timeline worked out fine. I ordered this week and it will arrive the week of February 1st... so 4.5 months from order, and still 3.5 months until the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards