Attire & Accessories Forum

Two dresses?

It's still pretty early for us, but my fiancée and I have started talking about wedding dresses already, and she has realised she wants two dresses. She's of Indian descent, and always imagined getting married in a sari, but also wants to wear a more modern western wedding dress. The thing is, we both think that having two dresses is possibly going to come off as over the top, especially since we are planning of having a fairly casual wedding.

I'm just really looking for other people's honest opinions on whether wearing two dresses is over the top.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Two dresses?

• If one was a sari for the ceremony and then a western style wedding dress for the reception I wouldn't side eye it. I would pick a dress that matches the formality of the wedding day tho...if its a casual wedding I wouldn't a giant princess ballgown covered in bling.

It's still pretty early for us, but my fiancée and I have started talking about wedding dresses already, and she has realised she wants two dresses. She's of Indian descent, and always imagined getting married in a sari, but also wants to wear a more modern western wedding dress. The thing is, we both think that having two dresses is possibly going to come off as over the top, especially since we are planning of having a fairly casual wedding.

I'm just really looking for other people's honest opinions on whether wearing two dresses is over the top.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Getting two dresses just for the sake of getting two dresses is over the top.  Wearing a sari for traditional/custom/cultural reasons is not over the top.
  • I agree with PPs. Two outfits when one of them is a traditional cultural outfit does not get a side eye from me.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I see this often and always like it.
  • I definitely do not side-eye of or think it is over the top when a bride/groom wear traditional attire for the ceremony and then change into more western style attire for the reception.  So if your FI would like to do this then she definitely should.

But I do side-eye brides who buy two or three dresses just because.

• I can totally understand wearing a sari and then changing into a modern/western style wedding dress. I think she should absolutely do it. 
  • I can totally understand wearing a sari and then changing into a modern/western style wedding dress. I think she should absolutely do it. 
     I agree!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards