• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Wedding Woes

Prudie must have run a keyword search

Dear Prudence, 
I was one of the 32 million people who had their data breached by the Ashley Madison hack. The problem? I am innocent of any wrongdoing—no, really. About four years ago, I saw a late-night ad about Ashley Madison. I was single, bored, and curious about this new cultural brazenness. I surfed the site for an hour or two, and didn’t contact anyone. After feeling a little creeped out, I signed off and that was that. I have been happily married for the past two years. This morning I got an email notification from a service that informs me if my data has been breached. The email was about the Ashley Madison hack. I feel I should let my wife know that my data was on there, but I also know that my explanation, while true, is not verifiable—there was nothing to indicate the date of my use. I don’t want to needlessly upset her. But I also don’t want this information getting to her, no matter how unlikely, then having to try and explain myself. What should I do?

—Hacked but Innocent

Re: Prudie must have run a keyword search

• tell her in exactly that way. if he didn't pay for anything and just registered then no harm done. Better he tell his wife then someone else.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Well hey, so very sorry that my crystal ball didn't alert me of the OPs post. I don;t come on here much and was trying to figure out why that was..then I read your response and it all became clear. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• NowIAmSypNowIAmSyp East Hanover, NJ member
    500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments First Answer
    Well hey, so very sorry that my crystal ball didn't alert me of the OPs post. I don;t come on here much and was trying to figure out why that was..then I read your response and it all became clear. 
    Le sigh...  it's called sarcasm.
    mrsconn23OliveOilsMom
  • Well hey, so very sorry that my crystal ball didn't alert me of the OPs post. I don;t come on here much and was trying to figure out why that was..then I read your response and it all became clear. 
    Objection, your honor:  assumes facts not in evidence.
    mrsconn23
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards