Snarky Brides

Re: 10 Questions Not to Ask the Bride the Morning Of (WW article and snowflake fb comments)

• PupatellaPupatella member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2015
    So basically if I agree to be a BM, I have to sensor myself on the day of the wedding.

Why can't a BM ask what the time line is? Who the hell cares if you ask this. I would rather my friends ask me the morning of if they don't remember, instead of feeling like they have to tip toe around me.

As far as pointing out a zit on your friends forehead, I don't do that when I'm at coffee with a friend, let alone on her wedding day.

This list is ridiculous.

#11 "Are you sure you want to go through with the wedding?" It's now time to hold your peace.

#12 "Would you like anything to eat for breakfast / lunch?" The bride will most likely be eating nothing so she can fit in her dress.

• The specialness is astounding in the comments. I imagine the bride who cut a bridesmaid over a dress will soon lose some friends too.
  • The link to "things to never do as a guest at a wedding" is funny though- I like the idea of paying the flower girl to bring you a constant flow of vodka from the bar!
  • The only things I agree with are the zit thing (I have terrible skin-- I will have at least one when I get married) and the "Do you think my wedding will be better?" thing... at least within earshot of the bride/groom. That's kind of rude to me. I wouldn't expect someone engaged to not talk about their engagement or upcoming wedding at all, though. That's weird.

Otherwise, WTF?

• Pupatella said:
    So basically if I agree to be a BM, I have to sensor myself on the day of the wedding. Why can't a BM ask what the time line is? Who the hell cares if you ask this. I would rather my friends ask me the morning of if they don't remember, instead of feeling like they have to tip toe around me. As far as pointing out a zit on your friends forehead, I don't do that when I'm at coffee with a friend, let alone on her wedding day. This list is ridiculous. #11 "Are you sure you want to go through with the wedding?" It's now time to hold your peace. #12 "Would you like anything to eat for breakfast / lunch?" The bride will most likely be eating nothing so she can fit in her dress.
    Yeah. It's YOUR wedding, why can't you answer a question about the timeline? And not everyone has a planner or coordinator to ask - not to mention, if they do, that person is probably running around like a crazy person at the venue, not waiting on standby to answer bridesmaid questions.

I forgot to screenshot this, but the girl who said she'd never do bridesmaids again, including at her vow renewals (ugh ugh), got 2 replies, which were as follows:

"This just sounds like you need better friends :'( " and "I agree. Your friends sound awful."
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • What the hell is that list?

You're not allowed to ask if you look okay or ask the bride questions? And I'm supposed to have researched hair decisions beforehand?

I'm okay with trying not to be a downer or focusing on your quest for love on the day of your friend's wedding. Or comparing the whole thing to yours loudly so they can know you were better. But other than that? Ick.

Also, if I were doing it again I would add a bridesmaid. I love all my friends who were BMs and there is one friend I wish I had honored with asking. 
  • I actually did LOL at the "Do you think I will find true love?" question.... we went through serious amounts of champagne the morning of my wedding but I would have assumed a bm was drunk if she asked that.

I ike the "so bad we are no longer friends. sad huh". Um. That is not at all sad and I am very happy for that woman's ex freinds

• People are seriously oversensitive. For one, I wouldn't ask a bride most of those questions anyway because they're ridiculous. But, yeah, I was in a wedding on Saturday and we showed the bride our desired hairstyles. We had to show our Pinterest pictures to the stylist anyway, and the bride's sitting there doing nothing while she's getting made up, so why not?  The bride wasn't going to veto anything, it's more like, "Oooo that celebrity looks awesome and it's be great if you could mimic that, yeah!"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards