Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Going to a wedding...

My husband and I are going to an out of town wedding in a couple of weeks and since we have to fly, we had their gift shipped to their house. Now, here is my question... Do we need to bring a card with us or is the fact that we already sent the gift good enough?

TIA!

Re: Going to a wedding...

• Options
    I don't think it matters. If you want to get them a card, go for it. If not, don't worry about it.
  • Options
    I agree with Liatris2010. I usually take a card if I have had a gift shipped just because a card isn't included in a shipped gift, but that is just me. I love stationary and stuff like that.
  • Options
    If you already shipped your gift, I think you're fine.
  • Options
    If I ship a gift, I don't take a card. You can if want to, but it's not necessary.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    One less thing to worry about!

• Options
    You're fine. Traditional etiquette says it's preferred to have a gift shipped rather than to bring it to the wedding. There's no expectation that you bring anything with you to the wedding.
  • Options
    It would depend on my mood and whether or not I had already received a Thank You note.  If I hadn't received a TY, I might include a card that said, "hope you got the dishes I shipped.  Congrats." because sometimes cards get lost in gift boxes like that.  And I usually forget the card and I hate spending $4 on cards, so I might not.
  • Options
    The Dollar Store carries cards if you don't want to spend a lot of money but don't want to show up empty handed.  

Ditto @adk19 that I would probably write a note inside congratulating them and mentioning the gift was shipped straight to their house.  That way if it shows up without your name attached to it they know who to thank.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    If I ship something straight from the store off their registry, I typically give a card at the wedding and will note what I sent them. 

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards