Georgia-Atlanta

VENUE HELP! 300 guests

HELP! Does anyone know of any venues that can accomodate about 300 guests that allows outside catering (if possible) but definitely allows BYOB? I am in metro ATL but willing to travel about 30-40 mins.

Re: VENUE HELP! 300 guests

• Here is a list of venues that can handle your guest list:
    • Morrow Center- Morrow, GA
    • Foxhall Resort- Douglasville, GA
    • Gwinnett Historic Courthouse- Lawrenceville, GA
    • Mason Fine Art & Events- Atlanta, GA
    • Del' Avant- Lagrange, GA
    • Venetian Room- Atlanta, GA
    • Summerour Studio- Atlanta, GA
    • Great American Spirit Works- Atlanta, GA
    I should probably add that for them to handle all 300 guests, you may have to have a standing reception. Are you okay with that or do you prefer a seated reception? I probably should have asked...what month is your wedding in? Would you be open to having your reception outside? Many of these venues can easily accommodate due to the large size.  

Also, the last two venues that I suggested will allow you to bring an outside caterer, but for a fee of $1,000 and they want to meet with your caterer. If you'd like, I can attach these files/contracts. :)
  • For the love of everything, please don't do a standing reception. That's so inconsiderate.

Here are some other places that might be worth checking out:
    Roswell Historic Cottage
    Heritage Sandy Springs
    KTN Ballroom
    Callanwolde Arts Center

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Seriously....a standing reception??? So people are going to stand around and try to balance plates and drinks? Or are you recommending she not feed her guests either so they don't have to worry about that sort of thing?

OP, I'm sorry, my wedding only had 118 guests and my sister's was just under 200 so I'm not really familiar with venues that handle such large numbers. It's possible that Ivy Hall in Roswell, GA may be able to do it as well but I don't believe they allow outside catering.

• KnotConciergeKnotConcierge Venue Concierge
    First Comment
    Hi ladies!

I noticed you're chatting about wedding venues and I think I can help! The Knot has recently launched this amazing new service called Venue Concierge, this is a free service that helps brides like you find their dream wedding venue.

We have experts in each city that will work one on one with you and recommend gorgeous venues in your area. Olivia is our Georgia expert, and she would love to help you! Feel free to email her directly at oliviap@theknot.com or head over to theknot.com/concierge for more info.

Let me know if you have any questions, and best of luck!!

XO,
    Molly
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards