Destination Weddings Discussions

How much to pay a traveling officiant?

Hello!

We are having a DW in Destin, Florida and are from Ohio. Our pastor from our church has agreed to travel and officiate our wedding. I am wondering what the appropriate amount to pay him is? I know he would never ask for money, but I feel as though it should definitely be offered since taking the time to travel across the country is a big commitment and greatly appreciated. I want to at least try to cover the cost of traveling and the hotel, but should I add more? What is the norm in this situation or what have you all done? 

Thanks!! 

Re: How much to pay a traveling officiant?

• Normal officiant fee is about $300.  I would add the travel expenses to this amount.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • You may also want to find out what it is going to cost him to get registered in Florida to perform the ceremony & cover that cost too, unless he is already registered there from having to do a previous ceremony.
  • Erikan73 said:
    You may also want to find out what it is going to cost him to get registered in Florida to perform the ceremony & cover that cost too, unless he is already registered there from having to do a previous ceremony.
    yep

I think CMG's advice is good.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards