Not Engaged Yet

Friday!

2»

Re: Friday!

• I mean, the policy even allows them to PICK their observer so they could just pick a friend in their department. NOT a big deal like he's making it out to be.

...Is it 5:00 yet?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @beachyone15 I hate being the messenger for that reason. Hopefully your day gets better and that guy sends you a very nice apology.

• @Swazzle Don't beat yourself up too hard! You're doing great, and you'll get back to the gym in no time. Sometimes life gets in the way, but as long as you make your way back to the gym and keep your diet in check, you're great. My trainer always tells me that fitness/weight loss is 80% diet, 10% exercise, and 10% genetics. 

@southernpeach89 Sending you all the birthing vibes for Callie! She will be here so soon, and you and your H will be amazing parents. 

@jenjen047 Engagements pics are so exciting! I had my makeup done at MAC for our first session, and it was a great decision. I wish I had thought to get a blow out too! Also, since your shower is so far away, I'd go ahead and open the gift so you can get a thank you note in the mail ASAP.

@speakeasy14 Have fun at the wedding today/tonight! I'm glad it's local so you don't have to worry too much about killing time in between the ceremony and reception. 

@labro *hugs* I really hope you're able to find some time to rest and relax this weekend. I'm sorry your job is consuming your whole life right now!

@minskat30 What about taking supplements for his cholesterol? I don't know a ton about which supplements to take, but I know I see a ton of vitamins and stuff that are supposed to help with heart health.

@peaseblossom55 I'm sorry life is so stressful right now. This too shall pass! I promise!

@TwoDimes We have that fuel stuff with Safeway, and it's awesome! I got 80 cents off per gallon a couple of weeks ago. It was unreal!

@beachyone15 UGH that sounds awful! I hope your day improves ASAP!
    ---------------------------
    LOL So I put an invitation on my boss's desk yesterday (she works from home on Thursdays), and when I came in this morning her RSVP was on my desk. She is so excited and keeps talking about how happy she is that she can come. It's the sweetest thing ever. She also keeps talking about how beautiful the invitations are. :) YAY!

Like @Swazzle, I too am feeling a little down on myself for not getting in as much gym time as planned for the week. I'm hoping to make it up by going for 90-120 minutes tonight and tomorrow... so essentially the same amount of time I'd spend on two workouts, but doing it all at once. I weighed myself today for the first time in about a month, and I wasn't all that happy with what I saw. I haven't really gained anything, but I haven't lost any weight at all. I know it probably has to do with my strength training, but it's still really frustrating to see... this is why I've forced myself to focus more on inches instead of pounds, but old habits die hard.

Last night I felt really out of it by the time I got home. Just really off. I was barely able to stay awake until 9. I had crazy huge yawns every few minutes and just couldn't find the energy to function. I was fine at work, so no idea why I crashed so hard. I slept like a rock though!

Later tonight FI and I are going to a friend's house to watch Sharknado 3. It's a tradition for us to all watch it together. There's usually a drinking game involved too, but I'm on an alcohol ban until the wedding... lol I feel like such a wet blanket at social events. Tomorrow is FI's bachelor party, so I'll go to the gym, hopefully finish up some sewing I've been putting off for like 2 weeks, and then I'm headed down to my MOH's apartment to hang out with her.  For Sunday, I made 0 plans because I have no idea what state FI will be in. I'll probably do chores and run errands, but otherwise it will be a lazy day of rest and recovery for us. 

Guys, how is it already September 18? I can't even with time. This is nuts.

• @eilis1228 - Not a bad idea...I take a vitamin every day but he doesn't.  Not sure how much it would help with cholesterol but I guess it can't hurt to try. Also, all the hugs on the scale issues.  I hate the scale too.  
  • I'm here late so I just skimmed. I was busy finishing something when I got in the this morning and then had a dentist appointment. They won't stop bothering me about getting my wisdom teeth out so I made an appointment for the 3rd time and will try not to chicken out this time. 

@Swazzle- what everyone else said- don't be too hard on yourself- you've been amazing getting all those workouts in recently! And you're going to a class tomorrow so you will be fine. 

@jenjen047 Where are you shooting your engagement pics? Hopefully the weather will be beautiful!

@minskat30 I found out I had high cholesterol when I was 19 and it was surprising. I started logging everything I was eating at the time and I don't think I was eating too many high cholesterol food. My dad has it too so I'm convinced that it's genetics for me.
    I have no suggestions for your H but why does it have to be your responsibility to make sure he's eating healthy, etc? Can't he help you meal plan? I ask my H every week what he wants me to get for dinners for the week and he never has any suggestions and then gets annoyed when I make the same thing all the time. I tell him too bad, if you don't like it then you can go to the store yourself and cook for yourself. 

• Have so much fun @AlPacina! I can never get any work done before I'm about to leave for vacation because I'm too excited/anxious. 

• @alpacina Have so much fun!! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!
  • @AlPacina Have so much fun! Are you cruising or no? FI and I are talking about cashing in some airline miles and doing a cruise to Alaska next summer. Can't wait to hear what you think of it!

• @eilis1228 - Yes, it is a cruise! Our ship is the Norwegian Pearl, leaving from and returning to Seattle. My parents were on the same ship last summer and loved it, and I have a similar sense of how I like to spend my vacations as they do, so I'm hoping it will be a good fit.

• @AlPacina hahahaha that is the exact same cruise we're looking at now. Great minds think alike! I cruised with Norwegian like 6 years ago in college, and I really enjoyed it. I like how laid back they are. No formal dinners or assigned tables or anything. Enjoy your vacation! Please AW your trip when you get back!

• AlPacina said:
    @untouchablets - So the doctor wants you to get rid of your animals because they bring in dust and pollen? Is that it? I'm sorry that your allergies have been getting to yout hough. This has been THE WORST year, seriously.
    No, she wants me to get rid of them because I am allergic to them lol my point is I'm also allergic to everything else so there wouldn't be a point because I still suffer. The dust mite allergy is so severe that I'd be much better without it but dust mites are literally unavoidable. I do what I can I just think it's asking WAY TOO MUCH for someone to ask anyone to give up their pets simply to alleviate sneezing when I'm literally allergic to myself by way of dust mites. That's just so dumb to me, especially since I'm medicated anyway.
  • @AlPacina - You got it! I call the guy in charge of it a vampire. Seriously... He NEVER ages. He's been doing this fundraiser since I was in kindergarten, and I am 25. He has no wrinkles and no sign of plastic surgery. I don't trust people like that, lol.

BF's boss was a jerk this morning. Let my BF get halfway to the job site (which he lives a half hour from) and told him to forget it because he was "taking the day off". I will be so glad when this new job starts up. His boss is an idiot if ever I met one.
  • @alpacina also, she forgets that I had this major allergy problem BEFORE I ever got pets. I wasn't living with any animals until two years ago, when I got my rabbit. I was on the same treatment way before that. So idk what her deal is. PS Have fun on your cruise! I wanna go on one so bad!
  • @labro @minskat30 @twodimes - Thanks for the advice!

@minskat30 @labro - Ugh I'm so sorry you both are having such a terrible time at work. I hope it smoothes out easily for you soon. It sounds like a lot of us are hating work right now. Thumbs down.

Also @minskat30 (3 tags in 1 post!) - That is frustrating about H's cholesterol. It sounds like it's definitely genetics. Is he on medication? Hopefully you can find a way to compromise on his restrictions and your sanity with meal planning.

@futuremrshistorian - HUGS and T&P for you!
  • @untouchablets - Hey, when it comes to being allergic to everything (or something that is everywhere), I applaud you for putting your foot down. I mean, you definitely shouldn't let it get to the point where you're triggering asthma attacks all the time or anything, but if you're going to suffer anyway there is no point in losing your pets!

• @lavenderfields13 - We want to do the public garden and maybe pop up to Beacon Hill for a few shots. Our photographer is concerned that it's hard to get pics in the PG without pepople in the background....so we will see what we decide on.
  • @jenjen047 we did ours at the arnold arboretum- so beautiful there! just another option if you're interested.

• @untouchablets I'm allergic to my cats and everything also! My allergist tried to tell me to get rid of my cat and was like "pfft no"
    We got a hepa filter and it does for sure help.
    Sounds like we have same allergy issues. Dust mites I basically vacuum a lot, and in high allergy season I spray lysol every where and put baking soda on the floor and vacuum it up {and on bed, helps!}
    Stupid allergists!
  • Blah, I hate adulting. FI and I were getting more and more excited about a potential Alaskan cruise. We did a lot of research today, and he was even asking me how much we would have to pay today and when the rest would be due... I asked when we could book, and reality hit. We have to wait until we know what's going on with his job situation. UGH! Stupid adulting and responsibility. 

• @lavenderfields13 - Honestly, today I told him just that.  I can't deal with food restrictions up the wazoo so its either (1) back off on budget grocery shopping and (2) help me meal plan (and by "help" I don't mean just responding to my suggestions with "I don't want that") or (3) eat what is in the fridge.  I want to cook healthy and enjoy cooking but I don't enjoy an "I'm not going to eat that" attitude unless it actually is unhealthy or unappetizing.  
  • @lavenderfields13 - I never even thought of that! Awesome idea! Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards