Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Hand Cancelling at Dallas Post Office

I was told by the Casa Linda post office that only the Dallas main post office does hand-cancelling. When I arrived at the DMPO, I was told that no one does this anymore and that I couldn't even do it myself. However "They'll be sent to processing and marked 'wedding invitation'" according the the lady behind the counter. Uh, what?

I was tired and hungry and just wanted to get my stuff in the mail, so I handed them my invitations and left. They did put them in a separate mail bucket from the rest of the mail, but still. I spent a LOT of time, money, and effort getting these invitations and envelopes to look gorgeous.

Has anyone else run into this there? I still have a few more to mail, but I'm sad to think that my beautiful envelopes will get the usual black smear that the rest of the mail gets.

Re: Hand Cancelling at Dallas Post Office

• This happened to me too. I really do think they're hand cancelled at the main post office facility downtown. All of mine were sent out in a timely manner, and I haven't heard any reports of the invitations being a hot mess when they were delivered.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards