Honeymoon Discussions

Wonderful European Resort (Italy or France??)

My fiance and I are thinking of doing a week in Paris and then a week somewhere else - probably France or Italy. The next spot should be somewhere exceedingly romantic, with opportunities for day trips, beautiful scenery, amazing food - and most important - a totally indulgent hotel where we can relax and feel like we're on a once-in-a-lifetime trip. But  nothing super stuffy or touristy, please.

We're open to lots of locales, but we've been especially looking at Provence, Amalfi Coast, Tuscany, and Burgundy.

Any suggestions?

Re: Wonderful European Resort (Italy or France??)

• I'm not sure whatyour definition of splurge is. For some people on here it's $300/night and for others it's $2K/night.

We spent some time at Villa d'Este in the Lake Como region of Italy. You can bounce around the lake region from there and visit places like Bellagio, which is probably the most touristy spot in the area, but it's so picturesque. I can see how most people may say Villa d'Este is stuffy, but honestly they were so accommodating. We even considered going back there this year for our destnation wedding, bu opted for something tropical. Just one thing of note, though- they close frm mid November and reopen in March. They do have a sister property in Florence, though. I'm not sure of their season, though.

• palazzo leopoldo in radda-in-chianti tuscany. dh and i spent a week there exploring the small towns of tuscany. we opted to stay in a town (small as it is) because we wanted a variety of restaurant etc.. rathernt ahn just a b&b or other place where that place was the only place to eat. it was wonderful.

we stayed there after a few nights in florence (that was our 2nd visit to florence).

• girlinchicagogirlinchicago member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited November 2012
    If you are interested in Tuscany, we had a fabulous time at Villa Cicolina.  It was rustic yet luxurious, super intimate, and straight out of a fairytale.  It was our anniversary, so we got a deal on their best suite.  The pool area is amazing, the food is excellent (they make everything in house with whatever's fresh that day), and it's a quick trip to Montepulciano or an easy day trip to Montalcino, Siena, the Umbria region.  We absolutely loved it.  

On the Amalfi Coast, we stayed at the Marincanto which was also lovely.  Great location just an overall fantastic place - we loved Positano.  If you are willing to spend more, I'd look into Il San Pietro or Le Sirenuse. 
    Photobucket Vacation Vacation
  • Le Sirenuse in Positano is exactly what you are looking for. You can fly to Naples from Paris.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_wonderful-european-resort-italy-or-france?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:80ee993f-96cf-4288-8169-8320d56516efPost:787f0ef6-b575-4f3e-8da5-463dd2ffc868">Wonderful European Resort (Italy or France??)</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I are thinking of doing a week in Paris and then a week somewhere else - probably France or Italy. The next spot should be somewhere exceedingly romantic, with opportunities for day trips, beautiful scenery, amazing food - and most important - a totally indulgent hotel where we can relax and feel like we're on a once-in-a-lifetime trip. But  nothing super stuffy or touristy, please. We're open to lots of locales, but we've been especially looking at Provence, Amalfi Coast, Tuscany, and Burgundy. Any suggestions?
    Posted by sugarchai[/QUOTE]

Cinque Terre!!! It is sooo amazing.  My H and I JUST got back from our HM - 6 night in Paris, 2 in Cinque Terre and 5 in Rome.  Cinque Terre was by far the most romantic, beautiful place I have ever been - and it's so close to Florence and other towns that you can easily visit.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi,

Sounds like you're set for an amazing trip!

At Cinque Terre Wedding we do long weekend getaways and romatic holidays for couples on the Cinque Terre.

We bring together our most loved local suppliers into one unique package so you can enjoy all the best of the Cinuqe Terre.

You can check out our holiday deal for couples here at http://www.cinqueterrewedding.com

Happy travels!

Cinque Terre Wedding

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards