Wedding Woes

Today's four women in the world

Dear Prudence,
My girlfriend has been living with me for nine months. I have two teenage kids from a previous marriage. She has never lived with kids before, nor cohabited much, and has found it difficult to adapt to having other people in her space. I’ve told her that I didn’t think my kids would touch her private things, and I believe that I’ve been mostly right. Recently, she took a trip to see some relatives, and when I turned out the light to go to sleep, I noticed that her iPad was on. When I tried to turn it off, I discovered that she was using the device’s camera to stream and record images of our bedroom. I was very upset, angry, and hurt. When I confronted her, she admitted that she’d been doing it for a couple of weeks. She also says she captured images of my daughter rifling through her dresser drawers. What do I do?

—Caught Between a Rock and a Hard Place

Re: Today's four women in the world

• Wow! That's a interesting take on the situation.

• I need to know whether "has found it difficult to adapt to having other people in her space" means she shrieks every time someone puts the milk back on the "wrong" shelf, or that she's told this guy that his kids are going through her stuff and he doesn't give a fuck.
  • Heffalump said:
    I need to know whether "has found it difficult to adapt to having other people in her space" means she shrieks every time someone puts the milk back on the "wrong" shelf, or that she's told this guy that his kids are going through her stuff and he doesn't give a fuck.
    it sounds like option #2. 
  • I’ve told her that I didn’t think my kids would touch her private things, and I believe that I’ve been mostly right. 

SITB:  No, he hasn't been.  Time for a convo with the daughter.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards