Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Going over your wedding budget

Did anyone else go over there wedding budget? I swore I was trying to keep my wedding budget $5000.00 then I said $7000.00, then I said we won't go over 8,000.00 for sure. Well I did the numbers yesterday and this is with every single item, hair, airbnb, honeymoon, shoes, dress, hall, DIY,church,his mom airline ticket and the total was $13927.00. My husband freaked when I told him and showed him the numbers. 

It's a lot over but I did it in the city, in wedding high season. I still think we saved. yes some people went home starving but they left dancing! :)

I'm so glad its over?! Now I get to enjoy my husband.  

Re: Going over your wedding budget

• frenchiekinfrenchiekin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited June 2015
    Uro4040 said:
    Did anyone else go over there wedding budget? I swore I was trying to keep my wedding budget $5000.00 then I said $7000.00, then I said we won't go over 8,000.00 for sure. Well I did the numbers yesterday and this is with every single item, hair, airbnb, honeymoon, shoes, dress, hall, DIY,church,his mom airline ticket and the total was $13927.00. My husband freaked when I told him and showed him the numbers. 

It's a lot over but I did it in the city, in wedding high season. I still think we saved. yes some people went home starving but they left dancing! :)

I'm so glad its over?! Now I get to enjoy my husband.  
    WUT?

• Uro4040Uro4040 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2015
    I forgot to add. Everything has been paid for. We are NOT in debt or do not owe any bills regarding the wedding. 
  • We had some people family members who were not invited show up at least 15 people. The caters they drop the ball and ran out of food even though I paid extra the night before for some more food. 
  • Umm so you went over your budget by twice as much as you were wanting to spend but you still had guests that went home starving? How does that even happen?

• Uro4040 said:
    I forgot to add. Everything has been paid for. We are NOT in debt or do not owe any bills regarding the wedding. 

Uro4040 said:
    We had some people family members who were not invited show up at least 15 people. The caters they drop the ball and ran out of food even though I paid extra the night before for some more food. 

Wow. We went over by 7k and had randoms show up but everybody was fed and everybody had drink and everybody was dancing. 

Sounds like some poor planning happened. 

• We didn't really have a budget, so no bar set that we knew if we went over or under.  

We did have plenty of food for our guests.  And the 2 who crashers and the 2 workers who had to stay to make sure the tent didn't blow down during the storm.   They ate well that night.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Our budget was $5000 and we paid........wait for it......... $4800.  For everything.  OMG we had so much food.  I'm full just thinking about it.  
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Including the honeymoon, we went over budget by 6K and we got married off season and on a Friday. Congrats to you all for being close to your budget. It was our guest list that drove the cost.
  • My original budget was 10k.  Once we saw real quick that wasn't going to happen (venue and catering alone ended up close to 10k, and that was picking a cheaper venue and BBQ food catering), we bumped up to 15k.  In the end, I think we ended up spending around 17-18k.  All the vendors and my dress/alterations were just under 15k but I didn't keep track of stuff like the alcohol we bought, or all the crafty crap I had to buy.
    Married 9.12.15

• Uro4040 said:

Uro4040 said:
    We had some people family members who were not invited show up at least 15 people. The caters they drop the ball and ran out of food even though I paid extra the night before for some more food. 

Wow. We went over by 7k and had randoms show up but everybody was fed and everybody had drink and everybody was dancing. 

Sounds like some poor planning happened. 
    I'm confused. How can you plan to have food for "randoms" that show up? Do caterers always make enough for 15 crashers like the OP had?

• I initially thought $25k, using the app from the knot for budgeting...For a while I thought we were way over budget, then way under, but we ended up spending more on the venue than I thought, but less on the DJ and flowers...so in the end it evened out.

I shopped around to get the best options for the best prices for the services; and then went with it. I think in the end we had spent what we had anticipated. 

as for the OP, I'm confused about how 15 randoms just showed up at your wedding too...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards