• Options
    arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2015
    Viczaesar said:
    Jen4948 said:

redoryx said:
    kmmssg said:
    Jen - it is a EUPHEMISM! Who are the people who are dead closest to you?  Who are the ones who are always there for you no matter what?  Hence... who would help you hide a body at 3 in the morning?   You must have missed the hundred times I have offered that as an example.  If someone is TRULY hiding bodies at 3 in the morning they have much bigger problems than choosing a wedding party.

OP - one other thing to consider as you decide who you want and how many you should have in your bridal party is this:  the bridal party is a line item in your budget.  Each member needs a bouquet or boutonniere, a thank you gift, and their spouse/SO needs to be invited to the rehearsal dinner.  Let's say you both are just overly blessed with great friends and you each choose 10 people to be on BMs/GMs.  Well, you just obligated yourself to 40 guests at your rehearsal dinner, not including the rest of your families and anyone else you wanted to invite.

Don't get hung up on even sides.  I have seen many weddings with uneven sides and it is beautiful.  You can google pictures of it to see how common it is.

Seriously. Nobody is actually burying a dead body here. Jesus Q Christ. 
    I know what the fuck it means, and I still think it's a fucked-up analogy. The people who are most helpful in emergencies are not necessarily one's nearest and dearest.
    It's not about people who are helpful in emergencies, it's about the people who are close enough to you that you could tell them you murdered somebody and they'd help you bury the body, not call the police on you.  Metaphorically, not actually - nobody is advocating murder.  The idea is that they're so close that they would become your partner in crime, not your accuser; they're the ones who are with you through thick and thin.  I personally don't care for the metaphor either and don't use it, but it doesn't just mean 'the people who you would call in case of an emergency should be the ones in your wedding party.'

Otherwise it would be the AAA tow truck driver and the 911 dispatcher. That's who I would call in an emergency.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards