Nevada-Las Vegas

Places to continue the fun...after the ceremony/reception???

I know there is a dueling piano bar, which is an option, but I'm looking for something maybe with live music and dancing.  Don't really want to do a night club at first because we will have guests in their 60-70's and I know they won't enjoy that atmosphere.  We will probably do a nightclub later in the night...  We're thinking someplace on the strip, close to Caesars preferably (but will take a taxi if necessary) with live music and good time for all.

Suggestions?? Experiences??

Thank you!

Re: Places to continue the fun...after the ceremony/reception???

• Depends on what you're looking for and what your crowd is like. I'm personally doing everything in my power to work in duelling pianos at Times Square Bar at NYNY. Others might enjoy something more like the Chandelier bar at the Cosmo, or Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill at Harrah's, or even doing a group outing to the Linq Promenade to do the High Roller (might be difficult to orchestrate that one, though).

What's the age range of your guests? Budget/price range? What are they in to (do you have a lot of drinkers, or socializers?)
  • Age range varies from 30-80 and most will drink.  Budget = every one will be on their own at this point :-) But we'll be at Caesars, so I'm trying to keep close to there so people don't have to pay for transportation (unless they have/want to).  But if there is a good place that is a little farther from Caesars, then we'll figure it out.  I will look into Toby Keiths!!

Thanks!!

• I was considering doing Carnival Court at Harrah's myself for some post reception fun.  Looks like they have live music and a bonus for you is Harrah's is pretty much across the street from Caesars.
  • One place you might try for a drink after the reception is Fizz near the Colosseum at Caeser's.  It's got a very elegant lounge feel to it.  It doesn't have live music, but it has a really cool warm-lit glow to it, and it's often pretty quiet --which might give it a nice private party feel with a group from the reception.

For live music near there - try Cleopatra's Barge. It's also in Caeser's, and turns club-like as the night goes on.  This way you could start out with places in your hotel, and slowly amp up the dance club atmosphere, until you're down to the younger folks who would appreciate an actual club.

• Thank you gals for your ideas!!  I will definitely look into Carnival Court, Fizz and Cleopatra's Barge!!  I think I might have seen Fizz online and it did look nice.  I like the idea of starting in my hotel then going from there as the night moves on :-)
  • I'm doing Carnival Court for my bachelorette. I've heard really good things about it and they have a live band on weekends - drinks are fun but pricey... so we plan to pregame in the limo ;)
  • I'm also looking for somewhere Togo near Caesars after my reception at trevi. I was thinking carnival court or cleopatras barge, but I'm getting married a Wednesday so not sure if they will have live music or be totally dead x
  • @amiexx - They will probably NOT have live music although they will most likely have a DJ. For Carnival Court I just called and got in touch with the manager to ask. 

My original plan was to go see a band at Red Rocks, but luckily I got in touch with a manager there to find out they weren't planning anything :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards