Getting in Shape

I really like my fitbit but I want a HR monitor

Has anyone upgraded from the One to the Charge HR? I really like that my One accurately counts steps (It's in your pocket or tucked in your bra so it's not susceptible to the arm-swinging issue) but I spin and would LOVE a HR monitor. I'm also not sure that I want to wear something around my chest all day (probably wouldn't mind doing it just for spinning). Should I just keep them separate?

Re: I really like my fitbit but I want a HR monitor

• I use the Polar FT4 when I work out.  It has the chest strap.  I personally only use the HR monitor when I'm working out.  I don't feel the need to monitor my heart rate throughout the day.

DH has the Charge HR and he likes it.  He says it works just fine, but its recommended to tighten it when working out so it can get a better read.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks @ohmrs2014 I think I will track down my fitbit One and also get a separate HR monitor. Polar seems to be the popular brand.
  • I have the Charge HR. I love the HR monitor aspect. Really helps track intensity. I find that it works really good, Sometimes have to tighten the strap when doing some serious workout, otherwise it will slip and not be able to pickup the heart rate.
  • Does anybody have a favorite HR Monitor that works on the spin bike and does not need a chest strap?
  • mj8215mj8215 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I'm super happy with the fitbit surge! I only have good things to say about it. But its kind of expensive... I got it as a birthday gift recently. I definitely find myself working out and walking more. 
    If only it somehow prevented me from making bad food choices...
    - The stars, like dust, encircle me in living mists of light. And all of space I seem to see in one vast burst of sight. 
  • I upgraded to the Charge HR from the Flex and I love it.  I bought it because I do Tone It Up workouts and wanted to know how many calories I'm burning with them, and the flex only tracked steps and sleep.  I love that the heart rate monitor is built into the wristband because I don't have to remember to bring it with me when I work out (that's just me though, I always forget something like my water or my headphones! lol)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm still using my Force cos the Charge HR isn't available yet in plum.  I'm so sick of waiting on Fitbit!!

• kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    I just got the Charge HR last night, so far so good.  DH actually recommended it to me because I run and plan to continue running (with doctor's approval) when pregnant.  From conversations with doctors and research it seems that keeping an eye on your heart rate, not overheating, and not dehydrating are really important for exercising while pregnant.
  • I have the charge HR. My fiance got it for me for my birthday. I love it.
  • Update - Plum coloured Charge HR just appeared in stores here this week.  I'm so pumped and am wearing my new one now.  Yay!!

• You have the Plum colored one? Jealous! I wanted to hold out and wait for that, but I ended up going with the black. I love having my Charge HR, though!

• I waited a while for it.  It was my anniversary gift from DH, but it took about 4 months to find one.  

• I just received my new Fitbit ChargeHR this weekend. I charged it fully on Tuesday evening, and it's already telling me the battery is low. It hasn't even been a full 3 days, and according to them I should have 5 days on a full charge. Anyone experiencing this problem? Am I doing something wrong?
  • Mine runs out of charge pretty quick too, compared to my old Flex.  Maybe 4-5 days??  I don't mind too much, except that I only get 1 reminder e-mail.  My Flex would send me about 3 before it died.  If you're concerned, check out their help forums.  Sometimes there is a solution from Fitbit posted there, or they can do a warranty exchange too  

• I got my fitbit Charge HR last thursday, and had to charge it yesterday. So for me it lasted 5 days, which my fitbit flex lasted about the same. I love my new charge HR though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards