Chit Chat

Random Wedding Fear

There was a thread like this awhile ago but I don't see it anymore, kind of wanted to post a new fear that's popped up in the past few days or so for me.

Never been to a Jewish wedding but FI is Jewish so we're doing a Jewish wedding. This includes the Hora at the reception. I'm scared we'll be too heavy for our friends to lift, or our friends won't know what to do. 

What's your weird wedding fear? 

Achievement Unlocked: Survived Your Wedding! 

Re: Random Wedding Fear

• MegEn1 said:
    There was a thread like this awhile ago but I don't see it anymore, kind of wanted to post a new fear that's popped up in the past few days or so for me.

Never been to a Jewish wedding but FI is Jewish so we're doing a Jewish wedding. This includes the Hora at the reception. I'm scared we'll be too heavy for our friends to lift, or our friends won't know what to do. 

What's your weird wedding fear? 
    So my husband is also Jewish, and we had the Hora. It was terrifying, but I think it's because the 4 guys holding me up were my Catholic friends, and whoever was in the back was lifting higher than the people in the front, and I really thought I was going to slide right off. Tell your husband you want the people who knows what they're doing holding you up.

It's a lot of fun though!

• That would totally freak me out. I do NOT like to be picked up! I don't blame you for being afraid of it.

I didn't have many fears going into the wedding, mostly just anxiety about how it would all come together. The fear of the unknown, I guess. I knew I was completely prepared, but somehow I kept worrying that something would happen i.e. running out of food or drinks, a vendor not showing up, etc.

• So the HORA is an absolute blast. I am Jewish and FI is Catholic but we still plan on doing it. 

He has been to many of my families bar/batmitzvahs over the past 7 years and knows how it goes. 

Its simple, and everyone loves it, jewish or not, its just fun!

When it comes to the chairs - I CANT WAIT, I do not know why but I love this part. 

In May, my FI best friend got married to someone Jewish and he had no idea the chairs were even a PLAN at their reception. He is a big boy - and MOST PEOPLE THERE were not jewish and had no idea what or how to do this, so my FI led the way (so proud, haha) got four other big guys and lifted him up....

(the grooms cousin who is Christian and had no idea what he was doing started whispering to my FI "I think we are going to drop him I dont know how to do this, FI insisted he just keep going and lift him up and down....") HE WAS NEVER DROPPED!...

You may feel like your sliding a little but thats because you are! Just hold on with one hand, no one is going to let you fall flat on your face...

ENJOY THE MOMENT!!!

xoxo
  • I don't have a specific wedding fear but I have weird wedding dreams pretty much every night (usually waking up FI lol). Like we can't find the venue or we're at a castle in upstate NY (??????? what ??????), but I think it's pretty normal.

I'm sure the hora is going to be so much fun and you're just going to be blissful having just married FI!

• missa011 said:

I don't have a specific wedding fear but I have weird wedding dreams pretty much every night (usually waking up FI lol). Like we can't find the venue or we're at a castle in upstate NY (??????? what ??????), but I think it's pretty normal.

I'm sure the hora is going to be so much fun and you're just going to be blissful having just married FI!

Ha yeah I had one where we were at the reception and we decided to do dinner first. Matthew McConaughey was at my table and he hated our food. Then I realized I didn't have a dress. I ran up to the trailer at the top of the hill where I needed to get ready for the ceremony, but it was empty. So I ran down the hill, found one of my BMs who said they bought a dress for me and it's in the trailer. I turned around and the trailer was gone. 

I guess hora or not it can't go worse than that, right? 

Achievement Unlocked: Survived Your Wedding! 
  • I have random wedding dreams where things go wrong, like the flowers don't show up, or we show up a day late, etc.

Right now I'm a bit worried about my nephew/ring bearer, who is almost four. Apparently, he is going through a phase where he likes to take his clothes off and go poop outside….Please, I can handle a tantrum, or refusing to walk down the aisle. Just please no pooping at the venue….
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards