Catholic Weddings

Mantilla - Lasso - prayer/wording and timing during Ceremony?

I am getting married in a Catholic church with the Liturgy of the Word ceremony (not a full mass). I'm Cuban, so I would like to incorporate the mantilla tradition (Cuban version of a lasso, using a lace wrap). Unfortunately, none of my cousins have done this, so no one knows when during the ceremony to do it! 

Does anyone know when you do this during the ceremony? Does anyone have any prayers or wording/procedure for wrapping the mantilla around the couple?

Thanks!
Stephanie

Re: Mantilla - Lasso - prayer/wording and timing during Ceremony?

• Talk to your priest - that's a great starting point.  Ours wasn't even totally comfortable with doing the Unity Candle but allowed us to do it after Communion. 
  • The last wedding I attended included those traditions. It was a full Mass, but easy enough to adjust. Their service looked like this: Liturgy of the Word followed by homily, then the exchange of vows. Liturgy of the Eucharist, communion, with lasso (and coins, rosary, family bible) following prayers after communion. Talk to the priest or deacon who will be witnessing your vows. If he doesn't regularly see these traditions for weddings, you need to speak up. Best wishes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards