Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

After Party!

My Fiance and I are getting married in New Orleans May 2016 and we are considering having an after party. Any suggestions on smaller venues to accomplish this? We are looking for a location that could accommodate 30-50 guests total. 

Our wedding ceremony/reception is going to be about 4 hours (from 1-5pm) and we will do the traditional second line parade afterwards. We would like to have an after party for our 21+ guests from about 7-10pm with limited food/drink since we will have the bigger celebration before.

Any other couples having some sort of after-party in NOLA?

Re: After Party!

• Options
    504mel504mel member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    The Paris Room above Cafe Soule is beautiful. A friend just had her after wedding party there. 
  • Options
    Thank you for this info!
  • Options
    @Knottie1429902743 I'm getting married at the Paris Room in October and it is a lovely venue, just steps away from Bourbon...AND the price is spot on!  Jessyca Gelpi is the manager/event coordinator.  She will totally help.  Definitely check them out!
  • Options
    I held several parties in Nola during our wedding weekend.  Because it was a DW for so many of our guests, I hosted cocktails and light apps at Hermes Bar in Antoinne's the Thursday evening before.  I just opened a tab and put a $1000 cap on it.  The management was very happy to work with me and gave me HH prices on wines but the whole bar was hosted until we hit $1000.  Your wedding is fairly early for what is typical in New Orleans so Hermes Bar would be a place I would recommend as it has plenty of space and doesn't get slammed like the Carousel Bar and doesn't have the space limitations that French 75 does (2 of my favorite bars but not suitable for a crowd).

For our after party, we went to Tiki Tolteca above Felipe's Taqueria on Decatur which is fantastic for a large crowd but is more fun later in the evening.  Still, if you're planning on it, call around and ask to speak to the bar managers.  It's good to give them a heads up and they are more likely to provide you with drink specials or favorable pricing if you let them know you're shopping around.  

Have fun, Nola is a fantastic place to have a wedding.   
  • Options
    We did an after party and it was soooo the right move.  We had the challenge of our wedding being the 1st weekend of JazzFest and were throwing a private concert so we ended up using The Dragon's Den.  It's a little dive off of Frenchman (special to us) in a great safe out-of-the-way but close to everything location.  It has since been bought my Maison (a bigger venue) which they renovated and did a great job. The venue itself is upstairs which makes it easy to regulate, and there is a great courtyard.   Do know there is an untz club underneath, but it didn't bother us much.  The cost was just the open bar (I believe $1800) and they also have cheap catering options like crawfish boils etc... You should at least give it a try.  The woman to talk to is Jen, and she's very accommodating. 

Good luck, it was the best decision we made!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards