Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Should I tip?

My wedding was last Friday (yay!) and my usual stylist did my hair and makeup as well as updos for the four bridesmaids. She said that she wouldn't charge me for my hair and makeup and only charge me for the bridesmaids ($40 each) because I'm one of her regulars. 

She did a really awesome job so I feel bad for not paying her for my hair and makeup. Plus, she showed up at 7am and worked for 6 hours. I haven't payed her yet because she forgot her square reader but I will be sending her a check asap. So now I have to decide what to do. I will obviously tip for the bridesmaids' updos but should I give her an extra awesome tip because she did my hair and makeup for free? If so, how much would you guys and gals think is appropriate? Or should I do something else to show my appreciation?

Re: Should I tip?

• My wedding was last Friday (yay!) and my usual stylist did my hair and makeup as well as updos for the four bridesmaids. She said that she wouldn't charge me for my hair and makeup and only charge me for the bridesmaids ($40 each) because I'm one of her regulars. 

She did a really awesome job so I feel bad for not paying her for my hair and makeup. Plus, she showed up at 7am and worked for 6 hours. I haven't payed her yet because she forgot her square reader but I will be sending her a check asap. So now I have to decide what to do. I will obviously tip for the bridesmaids' updos but should I give her an extra awesome tip because she did my hair and makeup for free? If so, how much would you guys and gals think is appropriate? Or should I do something else to show my appreciation?
    I'm a big tipper and especially when I see the person regularly. My general rule is that when someone does something nice like that, I tip what I would have paid for the service. So I personally would tip her $100 if it would have cost me $100 had I paid. You don't need to be that generous - you can go by the restaurant coupon rule and tip your regular percentage (20%?) but factor in what your hair should have cost.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • My wedding was last Friday (yay!) and my usual stylist did my hair and makeup as well as updos for the four bridesmaids. She said that she wouldn't charge me for my hair and makeup and only charge me for the bridesmaids ($40 each) because I'm one of her regulars. 

I'm a big tipper and especially when I see the person regularly. My general rule is that when someone does something nice like that, I tip what I would have paid for the service. So I personally would tip her $100 if it would have cost me $100 had I paid. You don't need to be that generous - you can go by the restaurant coupon rule and tip your regular percentage (20%?) but factor in what your hair should have cost.
    I do this too. Like if a waiter throws in something for free I will tip whatever the cost of the free item was on top of normal tip (exception being if they comped it because it was uncooked or burnt or something). So if it were me I'd tip for the cost of the service she didn't charge you for. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the advice. I will give her an extra-awesome tip that will cover the cost of the service.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards