Flowers

Tall Centerpieces

Is it worth the money to get the tall centerpieces? Does anyone even notice them? I love the look of them, but can't help but feel that this might be a worthless investment? We are getting married in a gorgeous ballroom that has amazing chandeliers and up-lighting, so I guess I'm not sure if the height would add or detract from the room.

Any Insight?

Re: Tall Centerpieces

• alhaley88alhaley88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2015
    Thanks - That was what I was thinking in lieu of forgoing the tall centerpieces.
  • Instead of having them on all of the tables you could have them on the "special" reserved seating tables.  Then it'll be the best of both worlds in a sense... 
  • MesmrEwe said:

Instead of having them on all of the tables you could have them on the "special" reserved seating tables.  Then it'll be the best of both worlds in a sense... 

Basically what she said. I had three tall centerpieces, one at each parents table and one towards the center where a large chunk of the bridal party and their SOs sat. I personally like the mix of a few tall centerpieces interspersed among low centerpieces as long as it is equally balanced. Plus it adds some extra drama without the huge price tag of doing all tall centerpieces.

• labro said:
    Instead of having them on all of the tables you could have them on the "special" reserved seating tables.  Then it'll be the best of both worlds in a sense... 
    Basically what she said. I had three tall centerpieces, one at each parents table and one towards the center where a large chunk of the bridal party and their SOs sat. I personally like the mix of a few tall centerpieces interspersed among low centerpieces as long as it is equally balanced. Plus it adds some extra drama without the huge price tag of doing all tall centerpieces.
    DD did this as well.  The trick with taller centerpieces is to make sure the floral portion sits higher than the seated guest to avoid a guest being blocked by it.
  • I definitely don't want guests to not be able to see across the table, so I was looking at having the vases be at least 20", probably 24" tall.

We are estimating 16 tables total and the sweetheart table. Based on that, how many tall centerpieces do you estimate would be enough? should it be 1/2 and 1/2? or like 10 small 6 tall?
  • alhaley88 said:
    I definitely don't want guests to not be able to see across the table, so I was looking at having the vases be at least 20", probably 24" tall.

We are estimating 16 tables total and the sweetheart table. Based on that, how many tall centerpieces do you estimate would be enough? should it be 1/2 and 1/2? or like 10 small 6 tall?
    I would definitely go with at least 24" vases.  If you want a visual, sit at your kitchen table and hold up a measuring tape to 24 inches.  And keep in mind that your florist will most likely arrange flowers to hang slightly downward so that the container (typically plastic) used to hold the flowers will be covered.

As for how many tall centerpieces, I think it really depends on your budget.  Half and half is pretty typical, but 10 and 6 would be just as nice and probably save you a few bucks.

• MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2015

I'd even go 5 and 11...  or 4 and 12...  Just for budget's sake.  But first I'd check with your florist to find out where your budget lands you for each type of centerpiece.  You never know, a small yet tall one could be less than a small short yet fancier one...

• We did 8 tall, 6 low centerpieces.  I love the "wow" factor of a tall centerpiece and were really happy with the ones at my wedding.  Worth the $ IMO.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards