Snarky Brides
Options

The honeymoon hype

2»

Re: The honeymoon hype

• Options

Yup, if I've learned anything these past 2 years of planning, it's that EVERYONE has something to say about something you are doing "wrong."  We are going to the Azores for a week for our honeymoon.  We are fucking PUMPED.  Most people we've told don't know where it is (they are Portuguese islands about 1,000 miles off the coast of mainland Portugal, btw) because it's not very well-known.  It's beautiful but pretty rural and mostly untouched by tourists.

People ask why we would want to go there when there aren't any luxury mega-resorts or all-inclusives, or because it'll probably only be 70 degrees when we're there in October and a honeymoon is OBVIOUSLY not a honeymoon if it isn't on a tropical island in a huge hotel with your own personal butler.  It was affordable for us, we're pretty adventurous and don't like to be confined to a resort for a week, and it was a happy compromise between Iceland (FI) and Mexico (me).

Justifying our choices for everything concerning the wedding and honeymoon is exhausting.  I can't wait to not do it anymore.
    I know this is a zombie thread but I wanted to comment on your trip to the Azores. BF's family is from there and his parents moved to the states from there in the 70s. We've discussed traveling there at some point to meet family that still lives there.

From the descriptions of his mother, they are beautiful islands.
    Formerly known as bubbles053009

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards