Wedding Invitations & Paper

DIY artwork for invitations

I am the lucky recipient of a beautiful script font from a friend of mine who does hand lettering and designs fonts. I was wondering, would providing vector artwork with outlines for my own invitation design (I have all the Adobe creative tools) save me some dollars on my wedding invitations? (Would a typical fine stationery store even accept my own artwork?) When I’ve purchased custom invitations before I’ve just provided wording and picked a font and ink color, and so design/layout was included in the price. Just wondering if submitting my own artwork might provide a cost savings that I could put toward something else, for example, upgraded paper stock, fancy envelope liners, etc. that I couldn't normally afford? Even better, could the cost savings from submitting my own artwork be significant enough to make the jump from flat printing to engraving? I'm talking about a very small quantity, just 50 invitations. I'd appreciate any advice, thank you!

Re: DIY artwork for invitations

• What you are asking about is custom work.  I doubt if that will save you any money, but it is a nice thought.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • It all depends on where you get your invitations done.

I used catprint.com for my STD and will be using them for my invitations as well. I chose to use a stock design, but they have a tool with templates to upload your own artwork to use. They will even send you a free proof in the mail!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards