Chit Chat

Do you believe in bad omen/experience one? Would you considered this bad omen sign? Longgg

thestaircasethestaircase member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited September 2015 in Chit Chat
Hi, I'm very sorry, long post ahead.. please just skip it if you don't have a few minutes to spare.

Bad omens is a signs/events/things happening that symbolize something bad is about to come in the future.

Do you believe in bad omens? If you don't mind, can you share your story and/or experience of one?
Like an event/sign that is happening that telling something bad is about to come. Like a sign telling you ahead that in the future something bad might/going to happen.

In my Chinese culture, we tends to be superstitious, believe in omen stuff.. We believe in bad omen, where signs or things that happening is trying to tell us that something bad in the future will come.

Have you see bad omen happened to someone? If it okay, can you share your personal story? Or a story that you saw it happened to a friend or someone you know?
Really appreciated your help share your story. Thank you

-------------------------------------
Maybe I'm just over-worrying, over-thinking, and over-analyzing.. But I can't seem to shake off the feeling that it bad omen trying to tell me something.

My husband is a Tanker truck driver, he hauls gasoline and fuel liquids. He work long hours; come home at night, and leave to work early in the morning before sunrise.
Driving tanker trucks could be stressful, because there more danger/risk and responsibility. The job need alot of mental stability, and balance driving skills especially when there sloshing liquid movement.

I worried about his safety when he on the road, especially knowing his truck hauls flammable/explosive liquid.
He have a perfectly clean driving records, and he is a very balance and smooth driver.. But I still worried like when there heavy raining days, slippery roads. When there tight deadlines delivered fuel on time and traffic ahead, it can be mentally stressful. Hauling sloshing liquid is harder when stopping, turning around curves, and easier to roll over too.

If I have a choice, I don't want to see my husband on the road hauling 10,000 gallons of highly flammable gasoline/fuel, delivered 5-6 loads per day.. But he gotta do what he gotta do for survival. And his a wife, I just have to be supportive of his job choice, and try not give him any stress. I want him to have full concentration while he at work, and not have to worry about things at home.

I know he wants a baby to complete our little family, so I promise him that I will get off my BCP and we TTC next year.
I'm even not pregnant yet, and sometimes he kiss my stomach. He said when I'm pregnant, he wants to kiss my stomach Everyday for 9 Months until the baby born.
Still in stomach not even born yet and already have daddy kisses everyday, I can tell that he will spoil the baby rotten.. But I myself know I prefer to be the the strict and critical mom.

Anyways, here come the part that I worried about bad omen is trying to tell me that something bad might happen to him in the future; like an accident on the freeway, died and forever leave.

He said when I'm pregnant; he wants me to sit down with him when my stomach get Big so he can camcorder videotape us--he wants to kiss my stomach, say Hi and talk to the unborn baby. He want to say 'Daddy loves you' to the baby.
You know like he wants to videotape him kiss my Big stomach, and he says some words to the Unborn baby. So when the baby old enough can watch it and see him, like daddy welcome the unborn baby.. It seem like he thought about this for a long time, and it something he really really want to do.

But I'm kindda scare because it might be a bad omen. He drive a tanker truck, hauling 10,000 gallons of highly flammable gasoline/fuel, delivered at least 5-6 loads per day. And there accidents happened on the freeway everyday; the possibility is out there, his job nature is more worrisome too.. I feel that he film himself ahead of time; so if anything unfortunate happen to him, the baby can see him on the video.

I understand about maternity photoshoot, and it normal to videotape baby birth, keyword 'baby birth' when the baby born.
BUT why want to videotape himself kiss my stomach and talk to an 'Unborn' baby? I mean my husband is alive and healthy, why want to videotape himself say things to an unborn baby that is still in the stomach, not even born yet? You know what I mean? Is he like 'leaving his last words' ahead of time to me and the baby?

It worrisome and I feel like it bad omen telling me ahead that he might died, maybe that why it lead him to have the strong desire to do this--so when the baby old enough can watch their daddy on video; eventhough he forever no longer physically here with us anymore.

Is this like bad omen telling me something? Or I'm over-analyze and over-thinking this? I'm kindda scare; maybe it just my Chinese culture, believe in superstitious and bad omen stuff.
Maybe he simply just prefer 'videotaping' as a way to preserve that memory/time when the unborn baby still in stomach? Seem like he been thinking about this for a long time, it something he want/must do. But I'm not sure if it a good idea..
ugh.. is my husband kindda not very normal?
If you were me, would you let your DH do something like this?

Re: Do you believe in bad omen/experience one? Would you considered this bad omen sign? Longgg

• I do not believe in omens.  Nor am I superstitious. 

I pretty much hate videos.  I didn't even have one for my own wedding. 

However, if it was important to my husband, then yes I would let him do it.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Yeah, you are definitely overthinking this. People can die doing any job.  People get into car accidents on their way to work or die of heart attacks or whatever.  My husband is an electrician.  There is always a risk of him getting hurt at work, but I don't dwell on it. You can't always worry about what could happen in life or you will drive yourself crazy.

And him wanting to video tape moments that show him caring about his kid, even if the kid isn't born yet... I don't think that's necessarily so it will be there after he dies.  He probably just wants to keep a record of those happy memories.  And be able to show his kid how much he cared, even before the kid was born. It doesn't have to be a morbid thing.  

• Yeah, you are definitely overthinking this. People can die doing any job.  People get into car accidents on their way to work or die of heart attacks or whatever.  My husband is an electrician.  There is always a risk of him getting hurt at work, but I don't dwell on it. You can't always worry about what could happen in life or you will drive yourself crazy.

And him wanting to video tape moments that show him caring about his kid, even if the kid isn't born yet... I don't think that's necessarily so it will be there after he dies.  He probably just wants to keep a record of those happy memories.  And be able to show his kid how much he cared, even before the kid was born. It doesn't have to be a morbid thing.  

------box------

I do not believe in bad omens or signs and ditto princessleia. People video things and take photos of things and write things down to preserve them so they can remember and look back. I'm not a fan of filming tons of stuff (especially not the birth) but I think it's sweet your H wants to do this.
  • Hi, I'm very sorry, long post ahead.. please just skip it if you don't have few minutes to spare.

Bad omens is a signs/events/things happening that symbolize something bad is about to come in the future.

Do you believe in bad omens? If you don't mind, can you share your story and/or experience of one?
    Like an event/sign that is happening that telling something bad is about to come. Like a sign telling you ahead that in the future something bad might/going to happen.

In my Chinese culture, we tends to be superstitious, believe in omen stuff.. We believe in bad omen, where signs or things that happening is trying to tell us that something bad in the future will come.

Have you see bad omen happened to someone? If it okay, can you share your personal story? Or a story that you saw it happened to a friend or someone you know?
    Really appreciated your help share your story. Thank you

-------------------------------------
    Maybe I'm just over-worrying, over-thinking, and over-analyzing.. But I can't seem to shake off the feeling that it bad omen trying to tell me something.

My husband is a Tanker truck driver, he hauls gasoline and fuel liquids. He work long hours; come home at night, and leave to work early in the morning before sunrise.
    Driving tanker trucks could be stressful, because there more danger/risk and responsibility. The job need alot of mental stability, and balance driving skills especially when there sloshing liquid movement.

I worried about his safety when he on the road, especially knowing his truck hauls flammable/explosive liquid.
    He have a perfectly clean driving records, and he is a very balance and smooth driver.. But I still worried like when there heavy raining days, slippery roads. When there tight deadlines delivered fuel on time and traffic ahead, it can be mentally stressful. Hauling sloshing liquid is harder when stopping, turning around curves, and easier to roll over too.

If I have a choice, I don't want to see my husband on the road hauling 10,000 gallons of highly flammable gasoline/fuel, delivered 5-6 loads per day.. But he gotta do what he gotta do for survival. And his a wife, I just have to be supportive of his job choice, and try not give him any stress. I want him to have full concentration while he at work, and not have to worry about things at home.

I know he wants a baby to complete our little family, so I promise him that I will get off my BCP and we TTC next year.
    I'm even not pregnant yet, and sometimes he kiss my stomach. He said when I'm pregnant, he wants to kiss my stomach Everyday for 9 Months until the baby born.
    Still in stomach not even born yet and already have daddy kisses everyday, I can tell that he will spoil the baby rotten.. But I myself know I prefer to be the the strict and critical mom.

Anyways, here come the part that I worried about bad omen is trying to tell me that something bad might happen to him in the future; like an accident on the freeway, died and forever leave.

He said when I'm pregnant; he wants me to sit down with him when my stomach get big so he can camcorder videotape us--he wants to kiss my stomach, say Hi and talk to the unborn baby. He want to say 'Daddy loves you' to the baby.
    You know like he wants to videotape him kiss my big stomach, and he says some words to the unborn baby. So when the baby old enough can watch it and see him, like daddy welcome the unborn baby.. It seem like he thought about this for a long time, and it something he really really want to do.

But I'm kindda scare because it might be a bad omen. He drive a tanker truck, hauling 10,000 gallons of highly flammable gasoline/fuel, delivered at least 5-6 loads per day. And there accidents happened on the freeway everyday; the possibility is out there, his job nature is more worrisome too.. I feel that he film himself ahead of time; so if anything unfortunate happen to him, the baby can see him on the video.

I understand about maternity photoshoot, and it normal to videotape baby birth, keyword 'baby birth' when the baby born.
    BUT why want to videotape himself kiss my stomach and talk to an 'Unborn' baby? I mean my husband is alive and healthy, why want to videotape himself say things to an unborn baby that is still in the stomach, not even born yet? You know what I mean? Is he like 'leaving his last words' ahead of time to me and the baby?

It worrisome and I feel like it bad omen telling me ahead that he might died, maybe that why it lead him to have the strong desire to do this--so when the baby old enough can watch their daddy on video; eventhough he forever no longer physically here with us anymore.

Is this like bad omen telling me something? Or I'm over-analyze and over-thinking this? I'm kindda scare; maybe it just my Chinese culture, believe in superstitious and bad omen stuff.
    Maybe he simply just prefer 'videotaping' as a way to preserve that memory/time when the unborn baby still in stomach? Seem like he been thinking about this for a long time, it something he want/must do. But I'm not sure if it a good idea..
    ugh.. is my husband kindda not very normal?
    If you were me, would you let your DH do something like this?
    Quoted, simply because you have a history of DDing.
  • thestaircasethestaircase member
    edited September 2015

Thank you,

I'm sorry, I try to go back and re-read and edit my bad grammars as much as I can so it can be easier for others to read, but it so hard.. I don't even know where my grammars errors is, but I know it not perfect English due to English is my third language.

I know I'm better write in the 'present tense' English, because in Chinese characters there no tenses.. Present tense in any alphabet language should be the easiest to master; because it doesn't required to change the word form, you just write out original the word.

I suck when it come to get the correct 'Verb tenses' in to the sentence. All those tenses are hard when have to know when to use which one in which one.
    Too many tenses in English, like: Present/past/future tenses, past participle.. Perfect tenses, progressive tenses, perfect progressive tenses. Passive tenses, past tense passive tenses. Modal verb, ugh.. have no idea what that is.

arg! All those tenses are just confusing, toooo confusing.. Anyways, I just hope my English is good enough to get my main point across. Thank you for reading my long wordy post, and thank you for the replies.

Thank you lyndausvi, princessleia22, lovesclimbing; appreciated and thank you for the replies.

• I think it's a nice thing to do!
  • I get your point that it seems as though he's recording the messages for a time when he's no longer around, but I have heard of videos like this being done by other parents. It's not an ominous thing and I don't think he's coming at it from an "in case I die" perspective.

Think of it more like, he wants to record all the excitement and thoughts he has when you are pregnant and have it preserved for a time when the kid can understand it. My mom kept notes in a diary when she was pregnant with me & when I was a baby so that I could read it when I got older, and this seems like the same type of thing.
  • I'm not superstitious and I don't believe in omens. Either way, I don't consider this an omen. When I see a hawk hanging out on my back fence, or I find a dead rodent at my back door, I'd think omen. 

I've heard of making videos for babies before they're born. It's less about kissing the belly and talking to the baby in utero and more about talking to the camera, so the future baby can watch later. It's kind of a neat keepsake for the child to see what his/her parents thought and expected. Not really my style, but I also don't think it means the parents are going to die.
  • Taking the time to read this whole post is a bad omen that I'd be annoyed with it.
  • I believe in omens, but I don't think him doing that would be one. I also think you are worrying about this way too soon.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I would be more worried about him finding a better job.  I know someone has to do it, but it doesn't have to be him.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

edited October 2015
    Thank you for all the replies and advice, appreciate it. Thank you.

Thank you princessleia22, and mollybarker11 for sharing your experience.
    I thought it was call bad omens sign, but I heard the more correct English word call this is "Tempting fate". So it like tempting fate? Do you believe in tempting fate?

Let me explain more clear on why I kindda worry.. .. I definately understand about Maternity photoshoot, and videotape baby Birth. But this is videotaping baby birth when the baby born.
    I know it 'the norms' and it common to have Maternity photoshoot, videotape baby birth, baby shower, baby birthday, etc...
    But all these is when baby born/after baby born.. NOT when baby still unborn inside the stomach.

Pretty much he wants me to sit down with him when my stomach get big, so he can camcorder videotape him kiss my big stomach, and say 'Daddy loves you' to the Unborn baby.
    I think he wants this baby very much, so he get ugh... what the right word to describe him, corny?
    Why want to camcorder videotape himself kiss my big stomach and talk to an 'Unborn' baby?.. He corny, because this type of video he wants to do is not popular, it not the norms.

I feel that it like a bad omen sign/tempting fate, he leaving his last words? Like something bad might/will happened to him, and he won't make till the time to see the baby born. Therefore he do this video ahead of time, so when the baby old enough can see him on video.
    Maybe it bad omen/tempting fate, leading him to have the strong desire to do this?
  • I don't believe in omens, but I think if you're going to go looking for them you're certainly going to find circumstances that could be construed as an omen or warning.  Hindsight is 20/20, as they say.

If it makes you feel better I don't think pre-birth photoshoots are that uncommon, I see them quite often.  Talking to your stomach and declaring his unconditional love for your unborn child?  I've certainly seen that in movies as well, which may be where he got the idea.  These are certainly well within the norms (and greatly preferred over live birthing videos, IMO).  I don't think he is subconsciously aware of his pending death and wants to prepare for it by making a recording of himself now, and I don't think he's tempting fate.

Maybe it's time to have an honest conversation with him about your anxieties over the dangers of his job.  He may be able to calm your worries by reminding you of the safety precautions he must take, the training he has had, and the rarity of fatal accidents.
  • You are borrowing trouble. I don't find it odd that he wants to document a special time in your lives. He's probably thinking it will be fun to watch that all together years from now. Stop reading into things that are simply not there. 
    edited October 2015
    To Spoonsey, thank you for your reply and inputs.

English is my third language, so my apology if my English is not very clear. But this is Not pre-birth photoshot. I'm Not talking about pre-birth Maternity photoshoto, at all.
    I explained it in my post above, I definately understand it is 'the norms' and it common to have Maternity photoshoot, videotaping baby birth, baby shower, baby birthday, etc...
    But all those is when baby born and/or after baby born.. NOT when baby still unborn inside the stomach.

I know it a normal daily thing for the dad to kiss stomach or talk to the unborn baby. What kindda worry me is him purposely want to record that to save it on video.
    It like he staring at the camcorder videotaping himself, like he leaving his last words to me kindda thing.
    Perhaps he the type that prefer "videotaping" as a way to preserve a specific memory and time.

I never see an movie where a guy want to camcorder videotape himself, kiss his wife big pregnant stomach and say some words to the "Unborn' baby.
    Perhaps I only watch fully Chinese language channels on DISH cable. Very very rarely I watch American TV shows/movies, therefore I don't know any movie like that. What movie you see it on? I want show it to my husband so he can see it too.

My husband also doesn't watch TV shows/movies. He only watch one thing on TV, that is News. He loves News, and News the only thing he have time for to watch.
    He work this Tanker truck driving job Mon-Fri full time. He wakes up at 3AM get ready, and leave to work before sunrise.
    He have another job on Sat-Sun, a weekend job as an extra source of income for us. So we can live more comfy, have more money in saving, and faster buy a house pay in cash as much as we can.

Maybe it a cultural difference thing between Chinese culture and the western cultures. I thought to westerners, it called "Tempting Fate". I guess I'm just over-thinking.

Thank you for all the replies, really appreciated. Thank you.
  • First, you are not even pregnant.  It could take two healthy people a year to conceive, so I think you should stop worry about something like this until you are pregnant.

Second, I think it is very common to talk to an unborn baby.  I used to joke with my friend while she was pregnant and tell her son what I ate for lunch that day.  Sometimes he would even kick while I talked to him.  I mean they make special equipment for you to put around your belly so you can play your unborn baby classical music to help with brain development.  And the fact he wants to videotape it is just the way the world is right now.  People video tape or photograph EVERYTHING!  Sometimes people are so interested in catching the moment on film, they forget that real people are involved in serious incidents.

While not the picture perfect pregnancy movie.  The movie Juno features the parents and adoptive parents talking to the unborn baby.  That movie does have a lot of slang/obscure references since the main character is a high schooler, but you should be able to follow along.

• lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2015
    So what if it is an omen?   Now what?  Do you not get pregnant so your husband never dies?  I mean, lets take the temptation of doing a video by not getting pregnant at all.  Then your husband is going to live forever right?

Seems to me you can read into anything if you want.   You think the video is the omen, maybe its getting pregnant is the omen and he is going to die?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • To Spoonsey, thank you for your reply and inputs.

English is my third language, so my apology if my English is not very clear. But this is Not pre-birth photoshot. I'm Not talking about pre-birth Maternity photoshoto, at all.
    I explained it in my post above, I definately understand it is 'the norms' and it common to have Maternity photoshoot, videotaping baby birth, baby shower, baby birthday, etc...
    But all those is when baby born and/or after baby born.. NOT when baby still unborn inside the stomach.

I know it a normal daily thing for the dad to kiss stomach or talk to the unborn baby. What kindda worry me is him purposely want to record that to save it on video.
    It like he staring at the camcorder videotaping himself, like he leaving his last words to me kindda thing.
    Perhaps he the type that prefer "videotaping" as a way to preserve a specific memory and time.

I never see an movie where a guy want to camcorder videotape himself, kiss his wife big pregnant stomach and say some words to the "Unborn' baby.
    Perhaps I only watch fully Chinese language channels on DISH cable. Very very rarely I watch American TV shows/movies, therefore I don't know any movie like that. What movie you see it on? I want show it to my husband so he can see it too.

My husband also doesn't watch TV shows/movies. He only watch one thing on TV, that is News. He loves News, and News the only thing he have time for to watch.
    He work this Tanker truck driving job Mon-Fri full time. He wakes up at 3AM get ready, and leave to work before sunrise.
    He have another job on Sat-Sun, a weekend job as an extra source of income for us. So we can live more comfy, have more money in saving, and faster buy a house pay in cash as much as we can.

Maybe it a cultural difference thing between Chinese culture and the western cultures. I thought to westerners, it called "Tempting Fate". I guess I'm just over-thinking.

Thank you for all the replies, really appreciated. Thank you.

I think we all understand what you are trying to say...  We understand that it's videotaping while you are pregnant, not at the birth or after. But we are all saying that there's nothing unusual about it and it does not seem like a bad omen.  You are overthinking this. These days, everyone videotapes and photographs everything.  Wanting to remember how he feels & acts toward your unborn baby is not weird. It's a special time in your lives, so why not document it? It's not a big deal.

• Many cultures do not believe in "tempting fate" when it comes to pregnancies.  Think of how many cultures do not have showers before a baby is born.  If it bothers you too much, have him write a heartfelt letter to the child instead.

Frankly, I think this is your DH's way of showing you how much he loves you, and how much he wants/will love a child. 

I think it is sweet that your husband wants to do this.  Your baby will be incredibly loved and wanted.  It's a great way for him to show that to the child.  Think of how many children are born and not wanted or never know they are loved by their parents. My mom struggled for years to conceive.  She adopted her 4 year old niece, and during the adoption process, she found out she was pregnant with me.  She wrote letters to both my sister and I during the process, which mean the world to the both of us to this day. It's the digital age, why not film it instead?

• edited October 2015
    To Spoonsey, thank you for your reply and inputs.

That's not even remotely true. Maternity shoots all happen BEFORE the baby is born. They are pictures of the mom and the belly. Of the dad and the belly. Of the belly. There are photo shoots afterwards- those are called newborn photo shoots. So, you're wrong. ETA: Google maternity photo shoot. Super easy to see ALLL the images show pics with the BELLY, the unborn child.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • To Spoonsey, thank you for your reply and inputs.

I appreciate that English is your third language, and this is what I understood you to say and what I feel I responded to: your husband wants to take a tape recorder and video tape himself talking to the unborn baby, telling it how much he loves it already. You feel that this is an uncommon thing to do BEFORE the baby is born, and that it is "tempting fate." I told you I don't think it's uncommon at all in Western culture to take pictures or videos before the baby is born.

I don't think I was way off base in understanding your post, but you can correct me if I'm wrong in how I interpreted things. I find your written English is quite clear, but I understand the difficulties in trying to communicate in your third language.

What movie did I see it in? I couldn't tell you. I just know I have seen it and therefore wouldn't personally categorize it as unusual. If I come across a movie or TV show where this happens then I will let you know.

I would still take this as an opportunity to talk to your husband.
  • Look at my earlier post. I showed you where it happened on FRIENDS

And it was masterfully well done and you did not get the recognition you deserve!

And it was masterfully well done and you did not get the recognition you deserve!
    I know, right?! And Ross did it while Carol was pregnant with Ben, too!
  • ANOTHER example in a movie where people talk to the baby in utero. Seriously, just get over it, chill out, get knocked up, and let your husband love on you & your baby. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPF_mENo1Fw
  • There are many videos on YouTube of dads talking to baby while mom is pregnant.  It's not an uncommon things to do these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnK8UVebhEw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9bf7TKkvb4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O_jhPD3X2I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGUzFyy2BJ4

edited October 2015

Thank you for all the links, I have watch it all. Thank you.. I guess I'm just over-worried.

I'm sorry if I caused any misunderstanding. I know it is common for dads to talk to unborn baby while in mom sotmach. That part I know it common.
    What I think not very common is that my husband wants to camcorder videotape capture that moment, and get it save on video.

If he wants to kiss my big stomach and talk to the unborn baby, that's fine. Those are the normal daily things a husband do when their wife is pregnant, I understand.
    BUT he wants me to sit down with him, so he can kiss my big stomach and talk to the unborn baby, while camcorder videotaping it.
    I guess he likes the idea of videotaping, so he can preserve that moment in time by video form instead of photos.

Usually when it come to videotaping, most people would videotape baby birth, baby shower, baby birthday party, etc... baby sleeping, baby first step walking. And Maternity photoshot, that's very common.
    Therefore I thought when I'm pregnant, he would say something like let's go take Maternity photoshot, so we can have pictures of the time of my big stomach. But Nope, didn't hear him mentioned about maternity photoshot pictures. He wants it on Videotape.

It just kindda awkward, sit down with him so he can camcorder videotape us--him kiss my big stomach, so he can say Hi talk some words to the unborn to the baby; while get it save on videotape.. It just awkward to me that he must have it save on video.

I guess if he really want to do it and it make him happy, then I let him do it. For some reason, he really want and must have that moment save on videotape.

Anyways, thank you again for all the replies sharing your story, video links and give me advice.

• Thank you for all the links, I have watch it all. Thank you.. I guess I'm just over-worried.

I'm sorry if I caused any misunderstanding. I know it is common for dads to talk to unborn baby while in mom sotmach. That part I know it common.
    What I think not very common is that my husband wants to camcorder videotape capture that moment, and get it save on video.

If he wants to kiss my big stomach and talk to the unborn baby, that's fine. Those are the normal daily things a husband do when their wife is pregnant, I understand.
    BUT he wants me to sit down with him, so he can kiss my big stomach and talk to the unborn baby, while camcorder videotaping it.
    I guess he likes the idea of videotaping, so he can preserve that moment in time by video form instead of photos.

Usually when it come to videotaping, most people would videotape baby birth, baby shower, baby birthday party, etc... baby sleeping, baby first step walking. And Maternity photoshot, that's very common.
    Therefore I thought when I'm pregnant, he would say something like let's go take Maternity photoshot, so we can have pictures of the time of my big stomach. But Nope, didn't hear him mentioned about maternity photoshot pictures. He wants it on Videotape.

It just kindda awkward, sit down with him so he can camcorder videotape us--him kiss my big stomach, so he can say Hi talk some words to the unborn to the baby; while get it save on videotape.. It just awkward to me that he must have it save on video.

I guess if he really want to do it and it make him happy, then I let him do it. For some reason, he really want and must have that moment save on videotape.

Anyways, thank you again for all the replies sharing your story, video links and give me advice.

Dude, just let him do it.  It sounds quite sweet to me.
  • Yeah it is just a sweet thing he wants to do for your future baby.

It may seem awkward to you now, but maybe you'll feel differently once you are pregnant and infused with lovey baby hormones or whatever.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards