Massachusetts-Boston

Can anyone share their experience with wedding/reception at Larz Anderson Auto Museum?

Hello fellow Boston brides and grooms! I am in the process of booking a venue for my May 2017 wedding (early I know, what can I say I am a planner!) and my fiance and I fell in love with the Larz Anderson Auto museum in Brookline as a reception venue (we will be having the ceremony at our church). I was hoping to get a review from people who recently had their wedding and/or reception there or who will be having a wedding there soon. I feel like the price is pretty good for Boston, considering we have a lot of flexibility, and I got a preliminary quote from the caterer that I think seems reasonable. Our max budget is $30,000. We will have 100 people or a little less and would be doing it inside, so no use for a tent. 

Is anyone willing to share their experience with staff, rentals, costs, space etc for Larz Anderson? Did costs run over with having to rent everything? Was the staff helpful or do you think hiring a wedding coordinator would be good? How did you set up the space? I am trying to do as much research as possible before I book!

Thank you!

Re: Can anyone share their experience with wedding/reception at Larz Anderson Auto Museum?

• IamnowmrsjmsIamnowmrsjms member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited October 2015

First, I think it's great that you're booking early! I don't have any experience w this venue, but I think a 30k budget for 100 people is absolutely doable.  As long as you can book the venue WITHOUT A GAP after the church ceremony, then I'd say go for it. 

ETA-They probably have a list of preferred vendors for rentals and such (most museum venues you have to rent all tables/chairs/linens).  We used Rentals Unlimited for all of our linens and were very happy w the selection, quality and customer service.  Happy planning!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards