Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Major dress regret = now I have two dresses! Which looks better?

Titles says it all. I bought my original dress because after searching for months, I felt prettiest in it, though not particularly bridal. It's an off the shoulder trumpet style dress in alabaster. I originally wanted a blush tulle dress but felt the ones I'd tried on were too bulky. Fastforward to dress regret...I found a blush tulle dress that makes me feel like a bride (I even got teary-eyed) but I'm not sure if it's as flattering. Thankful for any opinions. 

Re: Major dress regret = now I have two dresses! Which looks better?

• Options
    I think your original dress is more flattering, honestly.  I like blush gowns, but the pattern on the skirt is kind of distracting, and it doesn't give you much of a shape.  I think the first one looks great on you!

SaveSave
  • Options
    I like the blush, and since its the one you feel more comfortable in,you have your answer.
  • Options
    I like the blush dress better than your first dress.
  • Options
    They both look great on you. I really love how the first one accentuates your curves. That said, I think you need to go with whichever one you feel most comfortable in.

I just tried on some gowns myself to get a sense of which style I wanted. I took 3 of my bridesmaids with me. They all agreed on one particular style whereas I liked another style. By the end of the appointment, it was obvious which style I liked better to not only the bridesmaids and the woman in the salon, but a random family who walked in and said my expression and posture changed dramatically when I tried on the style I liked. And my bridesmaids added that I looked so hesitant and self-conscious in the other style.

In my opinion, the fact that you got teary-eyed in the blush one and that it seems to be exactly what you wanted, you should go with that.
  • Options
    I think you should go with the one that you feel the best in, and that seems to be number 2. I honestly think it looks fantastic on you. 
  • Options
    I think you look far better in dress number one, but that may just be because your hands are in front of you in the second picture. Maybe it is just the placement of your hands, but dress two doesn't give you much of a shape, IMO.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the responses so far!
    In case it affects anyone's opinion,I'm changing into a more shapely dress for the reception.
  • Options
    Ooohh, that reception dress is gorgeous! I still say you need to pick the dress you feel the most comfortable in and that appears to be the second dress.
  • Options
    Personally I like the first one and I think it looks very bridal. That's my opinion but I'm not the one wearing it so if I were you I'd go with the one that made you tear up. If you feel like a bride that will show through and you'll look beautiful and confident so even if it doesn't seem quite as flattering compared to number 1 now it'll be gorgeous on your wedding day because you love it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I vote for number 2.  I think you look beautiful in it and it's obviously the one that affected you as well.
  • Options
  • Options
    The second dress is definitely my favorite!
  • Options
    I like the 2nd one better! Plus, if you feel more bridal in that one (and that's what you want), then go for it! I really like the pattern of the skirt. It's unique.
  • Options

IMO - go with the dress YOU love and makes YOU feel the best!!!  Trust me when I say from the "Hindsight 20/20" club, go with the dress you love regardless of anything else or anyone else's feedback.  You're better to look back on your pictures having loved your dress and felt like a bride on your wedding day than you are to settle or wear something because others thought it looked in one way or the other "better".  If anything, wear the other for the reception or have it altered some way to wear it for the RD. 

Both look great - go with the one that makes you feel awesome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards