Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Ideas for makeup products?

Hi knotties,

I'm in a marketing class over the summer and working on a "faux" company for brides. Since I'm a bride I figured this would be a great way to enjoy class and plan my wedding. :) I'm getting married in the summer so this will be fun.

My "theme" is I have to come up with retail products & services for brides. I was torn between jewelry and beauty but then I thought beauty products would be an easier fit.

What products and services would be helpful to brides? Touch up palettes? But then I thought, well if we hire a makeup artist why do we need a full face of makeup in a palette, right? Or would having skin care beauty products make more sense? 

Services, well I have no clue because I'm not a makeup artist and just now trying to decide if I personally want to DIY my own makeup or hire a pro.

Would love to hear your thoughts. Hope your wedding planning is going well. 

Re: Ideas for makeup products?

• Options
    Makeup palettes that come with minis for touchups would be awesome. Or just small sets that only contain enough for a week or two; something like this set from Buxom, but with foundation and primer as well, customizeable with your brand's products in different shades, and small enough to stash nearby at the wedding and tote along on the honeymoon. Emergency kits are already a thing, but that never stops any company from making one with their own label on it (bandaids, sewing kits, tylenol, safety pins, etc.). Nail polish for french tips, lace-patterned nail stickers or fake nails, good quality foundation/eye primers and setting spray....

As for services, anything that can be done at a day spa is a thing a bride might want. Kits to DIY those services might go over well, too; manicure or facial gift boxes. If your faux brand has an equally faux brick-and-mortar storefront, things like makeup lessons and eyebrow shaping might be really appreciated.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you lachattefatale! Those are really wonderful ideas! I love that buxom set!
  • Options
    As I debate my own wedding makeup, my thoughts would be how wonderful it would be to have an already pre-made palette that coordinated with different styles of dresses. Or even if I had my wedding makeup done, it was with the face palette already done.

That was one idea I had anyway.
  • Options
    I agree that a makeup touch up palette would be awesome, definitely one that has transculent powder for shiny t-zones.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I made an A in this class. Thanks for all the suggestions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards