Wedding Reception Forum

Mac And Cheese Bar

I really want to do a mac and cheese bar at our wedding.  We are doing all the cooking ourselves but I need some ideas for the mac n cheese bar! Anybody have any good ones?!

Re: Mac And Cheese Bar

• Sounds very good to me. I saw on Four Weddings I think one of them had a mac and cheese station and they had a kinds of different toppings for guest like bacon, hot dogs, tomatoes, extra cheese, etc.
  • I love this idea!! I've also seen it on Four Weddings and a couple other shows, but never in-person. Some toppings I've heard of:

- Hot Dogs
    - Sour Cream
    - Tomatoes
    - Olives
    - Bacon
    - Chicken
    - Sausage
    - Salsa
    - Scallions
    - Ham
    - Bread crumbs
    - Green onions
    - Different types of cheese
    - Hot sauce
    - Broccoli
    - Mushrooms
    - Garlic
    - Jalapenos

Hope this helps! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Family Circle magazine did an article on 7-8 different mac and  cheese varieties.  The classic four cheese is my starting point.  We had a caterer for our reception and one of the appetizers was classic mac & cheese topped with fresh lobster.  Everyone raved about it. 
  • I would make sure its made fresh, just before you put it out.
    If that means heating up the sauce and tossing it with the pasta just before serving, cool. Not sure on the logistics you're planning but re-heated, already combined mac-n-cheese can be tricky.

Otherwise this sounds awesome!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_mac-cheese-bar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:07895f7f-7464-4785-88b6-f74b58166aefPost:5f0a9a00-3a98-4422-954a-29bcd897feb2">Re: Mac And Cheese Bar</a>:
    [QUOTE]My only suggestion is do not make a ton of the boxed Mac and Cheese crap.  That stuff is gross.  I'd make gourmet Mac and Cheese recipes of you plan to do this.
    Posted by LingerLonger1[/QUOTE]

lol totally agree!! ATLEAST velveeta!  This sounds sooo good!
  • I think it sounds delicious!! If I was at your wedding that would probably be the main thing on my plate :)
    Photobucket
  • Sounds amazing! I had a really delicious mac and cheese once that had tomatos in it.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_mac-cheese-bar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:07895f7f-7464-4785-88b6-f74b58166aefPost:5f0a9a00-3a98-4422-954a-29bcd897feb2">Re: Mac And Cheese Bar</a>:
    [QUOTE]My only suggestion is do not make a ton of the boxed Mac and Cheese crap.  That stuff is gross.  I'd make gourmet Mac and Cheese recipes of you plan to do this.
    Posted by LingerLonger1[/QUOTE]

Oh, and this. Unless you're really dying to have it, box mac and cheese is nasty.
    Anniversary
  • That sounds amazing! Just make sure you be sure to follow all the proper food safety requirements whenever you're going to be the ones making the food. I love mac and cheese and love when its served at weddings, personally.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Bio!
    Blog
    my to-read shelf:
    Audrey's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • I am doing that too!!
    A wedding is a party, not a performance. If at the end of the day you are married to the one you love, then everything went perfectly.
  • OMG that sounds yummy!  I would do like 3-4 different cheese types (white cheddar, reg cheddar, and like a 4 cheese type mac) and then have a selection of toppings such as bacon, seasoned chopped mean, ham, chives, asparagus (don't laugh its awesome), breadcrumbs.

I went to a restaurant that had a mac and cheese with ground beef (seaons like taco seasoning) with aspargus and bluecheese crumbles- so yummy, no recipe to give, but have fun being creative!

image 291 Invited
    image 140 Ready to Party image 14 Fail image137 testing my patience
    RSVP Date: April 30
  • Make sure you have ketchup too! I love a little ketchup on my mac n cheese!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards