Military Brides

planning a wedding during depoloyment

my fiancé is currently deployed and I am planning the wedding all by myself. my venue has a military clause. military friends keep saying why did I book a date when they don't have a set time yet but I did 8 months of him being away plus figuring I can push it back. any tips on what to do when your fiancé is deployed and how to ignore the ngativty of people?

Re: planning a wedding during depoloyment

• Well, I am a 4 time MOB and a 26 year veteran.  I will caution you very very STRONGLY to not have this wedding as soon as your FI gets back home.  It can be hard to reintegrate, get back to a normal routine, etc without a wedding thrown at you first thing.

I think this is something better planned after he gets home and you guys can get reacquainted with each other.  I have to say I understand your friends questions about waiting until you know when he will be home.  You do realize that deployments get changed and departures get pushed back ,etc, right?

Also, you said you have a military clause for your venue - outstanding idea!  An absolute must.  But what about your florist, your baker, your photographer, your DOC, your DJ, and any other vendor you will need?  You need a military clause with each and every vendor you have.

I really really encourage you to wait til he gets back home and back into a more normal routine before you start planning.
  • he wanted the wedding after deployment and all my vendors are in a package at my venue, we only cant wait because I am moving there after deployment and to get our aparament we need a BAH which single marines wont get
  • and yes I understand they get pushed back
  • Depending where he is, it can be very difficult to acclimate back to normal life. Have you been together for a deployment before. Has he deployed before. I know a wedding is the last thing DH would have wanted to deal with immediately after a deployment. Moving in together for the first time is also hard enough to do under normal circumstances. I don't think DH and I would have survived it immediately post deployment so if I were you I'd push that back as well. I know plenty of couples where the SM is not receiving BAH but they have small cheap apartments and budget wisely while he/she maintains a barracks room as required. No reason why BAH is a necessity.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Has he deployed before?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards