August 2016 Weddings

August 27 2016

Wow, first post in the August 2016 board! FI and I got engaged August 29 2014 and will be getting married August 27 2016, just about 3 months short of our 10 year dating anniversary!

We toured 2 venues in Pasadena, MD the week before Thanksgiving and toured 2 more this past weekend (the weekend before Christmas) in Frederick, MD. We loved 1 in Pasadena and 1 in Frederick, and decided within 12 hours of seeing it to go with the one in Frederick! We sign our contract the day after Christmas!!

I know it's an international board, but in case any DC/Maryland/Virginia brides-to-be are here, here are the venues we toured:
1. Kurtz's Beach (Pasadena, MD) - website: www.kurtzsbeach.com
2. Celebrations at the Bay (Pasadena, MD) - website: www.celebrationsatthebay.com
3. Shade Trees & Evergreens (evergreen nursery and event grounds in Frederick, MD) - website: www.shadetreesandevergreens.com <-- this is the one we picked!
4. Ceresville Mansion (Frederick, MD) - website: www.ceresville.com

Now we plan on taking a break until after the holidays/ after our February vacation to Cancun. Then we'll begin looking at caterers, DJ, photographer, etc.

Any other August 2016 brides out there yet??

Re: August 27 2016

• Any other August 2016 brides out there yet??
    Right here! August 13, 2016! I'm from Southern California!  I'm super excited!!
    I was swimming
    My eyes were dark
    'til you woke me
    And told me that opening
    is just the start
    It was
    Now I see you, 'til kingdom come
    You're the one I want
    to see me for all 
    the stupid shit I've done

• Here!!! August 14,2016!!! I'm from New Jersey n super excited to marry my best friend!!!
  • I just switched my date also !!!..... I'm from New York City and  excited but kinda stressed out finding a affordable venue 
  • A couple of grooms here from Vancouver Island, British Columbia! We think our date will be August 20th. We have a meeting on Sunday with the reception location that we want. After that, we should be able to book both ceremony location and the reception location. We're so close to finalizing our date.

@actuarialchef - We're another long time couple tying the knot. When we get married, we will have been together for nine years!
  • Awww I love our month and year! Congrats to all of you guys!!
    I was swimming
    My eyes were dark
    'til you woke me
    And told me that opening
    is just the start
    It was
    Now I see you, 'til kingdom come
    You're the one I want
    to see me for all 
    the stupid shit I've done

• August 13th, 2016 in Virginia! Super excited :)
  • August 6, in Maryland!! We signed our contract and paid our deposit today, which is exciting!
  • August 28th 2016 496 days to go! venue booked and jp already, and got my designer doing the girls dressses now i gotta work on my dress
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Canadian Bride over here! Also getting married August 27th, 2016! Seems so far away but it will be here before we know it.:) 
    Engaged on December 24th, 2012 Vegas Bride-To-Be
  • Ohio bride here! 8/20/16!! :):):)
  • Hello Everyone

My wedding date is August 28,2016 in  LAs Vegas At Rainbow Garden, it is very affordable.. I live in New York , average wedding here is about $26,000 and I'm not willing to spend that much for one day so I decided to take 80 families and close friend with me in Vegas.

• August 13, 2016 bride here! Also a DMV Bride! I'll being saying I do at the Belmont Manor in Elkridge, MD! Awesome venue! 
  • I'm August 27, 2016 too!! :) This is my first post... so happy to already have some date twins! Cape Cod wedding for me - SO excited! 
  • August 28, 2016 is our date.
    Have you guys finalized your guest list yet??

I keep getting reminders via wedding websites that I need to do this. I did create the tentative list, but my family/future-in-laws aren't really giving me answers to if they want to add/remove anyone. Side note- long story short, we're not having an engagement party so maybe it's okay that we don't have a guest list yet?

Just curious what you guys have done...
  • We just booked our date!! We'll be August 6, 2016. :)

So far, we have a final guest list, our venue, and I've ordered my dress and shoes.
  • Just got engaged on Sunday and hoping to get August 6 or 27, 2016! Also a Canadian bride here, and having mine on Vancouver Island too!
  • A couple of grooms here from Vancouver Island, British Columbia! We think our date will be August 20th. We have a meeting on Sunday with the reception location that we want. After that, we should be able to book both ceremony location and the reception location. We're so close to finalizing our date.

@actuarialchef - We're another long time couple tying the knot. When we get married, we will have been together for nine years!
    Where on Vancouver Island? I'm getting married in Victoria!
  • Good morning! I am getting married August 13, 2016! My wedding seems to be getting bigger and bigger which is a bit overwhelming but I am excited!
  • We started our guest list already so that we have an ideal of how many people are coming which has helped us plan our budget and they also needed to know approximately how many people when I booked our venue.
  • We have the same date! Congrats!
  • August 27, 2016 in Kalamazoo, MI!!
  • August 27, 2016 in Madison, WI!
  • 8/27/16 Long Valley Nj ! 
  • 8/27/16 in southern California! Just hearing the date out loud sounded perfect. 
  • 8/27/16 in Maine!

imageVisit The Nest!
  • August 27th, 2016 as well! Lolo, MT!
  • CindyC74CindyC74 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2016
    August 28th 2016 :) Revere Massachusetts gosh just 200 days away or something like that, and still lots to do, Fiance and myself cant decide on honeymoon, my boss is letting me have 2 weeks off wooooo. so trying to find something with tropical feel but not those resort prices LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards