Nevada-Las Vegas

Photography questions!

Maybe this is a silly question, hopefully it makes sense!

I know a lot of venues don't allow outside photography, so how are all of you getting around that and making sure you get the photos you want?  Like are you hiring an outside photographer prior/after the wedding? 

I am having my ceremony and reception at the Stratosphere, and they are very strict about using their own photographer.  I would love some additional photos, since our package only includes about an hour of photography.  I know I won't be able to get anyone during the reception, so that's why I am so curious about how everyone is handling photography?  

Hopefully this isn't too confusing - bottom line is it is way too expensive to upgrade the photography in my wedding package, but I still want a variety of pictures and want more than just an hour.  Anyone have any suggestions for alternatives? Thanks!! :)

Re: Photography questions!

• Do they not let you pay to have an outside vendor? That is what we have done. It was expensive at $350 but we would have spent that easily paying the inhouse photographer for the unlimited disc
  • We're getting married at the Bellagio then doing the DDB strip tour with Todd Wilson.
  • We're doing a strip tour. I only, and I mean literally only, care about getting photos at Paris, but we're getting married in-suite at the MGM. Current schedule means photo tour the day before the wedding, but we're pretty non-traditional in the first place so we really don't care. :)
  • Thanks for the input ladies!!

mrsptobeinvegas no they are super strict about no outside vendors!!

NichelleWedding are you doing your strip tour right between the ceremony and reception?  I was just curious about how it would play out for the day.  And do your guests join you? or is it purely a bride and groom thing?

xoeden I love the idea to do it the day before!! Makes the wedding day itself hassle free!!  Are you dressing in your wedding attire for it as well?  Maybe that;s a silly question but I am just curious!
  • I just got a MAJOR score on a real wedding dress (I was planning on getting a swing dress / wiggle dress or even a bridesmaids dress and calling that a wedding dress) over the weekend, so I will be wearing the dress the day before for the shoot and for the wedding itself. My fiancee's already seen it, so I have no worries about that. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards