Honeymoon Discussions

Is cancun safe for a honeymoon?

edited October 2015 in Honeymoon Discussions
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if we could get some advice on going to Cancun or not?  We have found the perfect resort for us! We have shown several pictures to friends and family and they agree that it looks perfect for us.  The question has come up though, is Mexico, specifically Cancun a safe place to travel to? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

Re: Is cancun safe for a honeymoon?

• Short answer - yes, it is. I'm not sure what part of Cancun you're talking about, but if you go to a resort and stay on the resort property, you'll be fine. I went to Playa del Carmen for my honeymoon in 2012 and went back this past March for a wedding and it was totally fine. The roughest parts of Mexico are the border towns and some of the bigger cities.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Um, you are planning your honeymoon, but you are not engaged yet?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Did you mean to post this to a different board? Regardless, yes, Cancun is perfectly safe. Check out the Tripadvisor Cancun forum if you have any questions, it's very helpful.
  • Thank you everyone for the help, just needed some advice. I did mean to post in a different board, every time I have tried to change the location it comes back to hear.  I appreciate everybody's help.
  • @Knottie04528669 - Let me know where you'd like this post to be moved to and I can take care of it.
  • That would be great if you could move it to the wedding board as opposed to not engaged yet, thanks 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards