Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Aargh ... Help!

We're due to get married in eight days, 3 pm on 21st Oct at the Office for Civil Marriages and we've just heard that our witness can't make it to Vegas.

Re: Aargh ... Help!

• Options
    Any advice? Anyone free to act as witness for us? The Office doesn't provide witnesses, we have to bring our own. What are the chances of getting someone off the street or another couple waiting in line or just married. Having a small panic attack here ...
  • Options
    I'm hoping Todd will be our witness because we don't have one either. It's just the two of us.
  • Options
    I would post this question on a local Vegas board. 

I will say though, that when I went to the marriage bureau there were plenty of people standing outside so I don't think you will have an issue. 
  • Options
    Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if someone else waiting to get married would be willing to witness yours.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    Problem solved! Someone I know from an Internet forum is going to fly down from Salt Lake City to act as witness for us. Phew!
  • Options
    Oh yeah that line was out the door and around the corner almost when we went. We even did the pre application and went on Thursday
  • Options
    Good job we had organised our witness in advance, as it happens. When we turned up to get married, we were the only people there. In fact, we were able to get married 20 minutes early as no one else was waiting. If we hadn't had our witness, we'd have been totally stuck & I'd still be single ;D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards